- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Electrical Shift Supervisor, the position is responsible for assisting in implementation of preventive and responsive electrical maintenance of auto-electrical systems in the mining area, to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the company’s planned and preventive maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Respond to unplanned breakdowns when on duty timeously.
- Effectively maintain and repair electrical systems on diesel propelled mining equipment.
- Report all safety incidents immediately to the Supervisor.
- Maintain the correct and safe usage of all hand tools and company property within your section.
- Report all defective tools, record and control all replacement of tools.
- Any other duties as directed by the Electrical Shift Supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience
- Full grade twelve (12) certificate
- Craft Certificate/ Diploma in Automotive Engineering with a Specialization in Auto-Electricity
- Valid Driver’s license
- Knowledge in Basic First Aid and Basic Health and Safety
- Excellent team building, organization and communication skills
- At least 5 years’ working experience in heavy equipment operations preferably in the mining environment.
- Proven experience in maintenance of mining industry diesel propelled ancillary mobile equipment and/or drills including dozers, excavators, wheel dozers, service trucks, and wheel loaders.
- Experience in maintenance of diesel propelled drills such as Sandvik
- Experience in some or all of the following machines: Volvo AF40 series; Komatsu D375, D475, HD1500,HD758, WA300, WA600, WD500 and WD900 series; Liebherr 9100 and 9250 series.
Job Specific Competencies
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and improve team safety awareness.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Can demonstrate understanding of mobile equipment electrical circuit analysis, troubleshooting, installation and repair.
- Proven ability to maintain, repair, wire, and install auto electrical components including electrical harnesses, starter motors, alternators, valves, solenoids.
Key Job Attributes
- Able to handle work with a great sense of professionalism
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Identify repairs required via unfair wear and tear, and advise the shift supervisor.
- Maintain a professional approach to duties and responsibilities with the capability of making timely, rational decisions and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Act with honesty and integrity in all areas: maintain confidentiality in dealings with subordinates, clients and customers.
- Demonstrate accuracy, time management and organizational skills.
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Commitment to reach or exceed maintenance, operational and safety goals.
- Work effectively in a team environment, supporting other team members when needed.
- The ability and drive to manage maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage.
Closing Date : 7th May, 2021.