- Company: Plan International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for an experienced, vibrant and self-starter to fill the following position:
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Purpose of this role is to lead growth and diversification of the income portfolio for Plan International Zambia in line with the priorities and develop a country resource mobilization strategy. The incumbent will be responsible for expanding and diversifying the institutional donor portfolio as well as the corporate donor base. The Business Development Manager reports to the Country Director and will be a member of the Country Leadership Team (CLT).
- Lead the development, implementation, and periodic review of Plan Zambia’s resource mobilization strategy and the preparation of the resource mobilization plan.
- Lead Identification of funding opportunities in line with Plan Zambia’s Country Strategy, program priorities and coordinate proposal development in close collaboration with the programs team.
- Review concept notes, proposals, reports against the Girl Criteria and the Gender Equality Programme to ensure all new proposals are gender-transformative.
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) and the programs team to extricate program learning and evidence to support quality and innovativeness of funding concepts and proposals.
- Visit project sites as needed to assess utilization of funds and provide support to Partner organizations and relevant Program Area’s (PA) staff in the development of high quality progress reports (financial and narrative) to ensure effective budget utilization, accurate and timely reporting of program finances and progress status.
- Work with the Country Finance Manager to develop, manage and monitor program budgets to ensure all donor grants are successfully implemented in line with the contractual agreements.
- Oversee BDU staff and provide ongoing guidance on compliance to Plan and donor procedures and regulations, as well as speedy and accurate FAD set up in SAP to support grant start-up processes and successful grant management and compliance.
- Oversee compliance with donor requirements by ensuring that all reporting deadlines are met on time and that reports meet highest standards and quality as outlined in donor reporting guidelines.
- Identify and build relationships with relevant stakeholders including INGOs, CSOs and government for strategic partnerships, resource mobilisation and project delivery.
- Develop tools and processes for effective project management, compliance and build the capacity of program teams to ensure 100% compliance with all Plan and external donor contractual agreements/obligations.
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Development Studies or relevant discipline.
- Master’s Degree qualification or above is an added advantage.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Resource Mobilisation in an INGO or Donor Organisation with 3 years in a management position with experience in business development.
- Experience in proposal development and appraisals for program work preferably in an INGO setting.
- Understanding of multiple donor policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent grasp of programming concepts.
- Strategic thinker with experience working strategically with institutional partners, donors and INGOs.
- Proven experience in Budgeting, Grant and Financial Management in INGOs.
- Experience in team building and staff motivation.
- Proven experience of incorporating gender issues into funding submissions.
- Strong understanding of gender equality programs and meaningful child participation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation, facilitating and influencing skills.
- Excellent networking and partnership skills.
- Innovative and independent thinker.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a part of a team.
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel).
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong management skills in coaching, problem solving and people management.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to email@example.com. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 9th May, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.