- Company: Mary’s Meals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Mary’s Meals is a fast-growing international charity, currently providing a daily meal to almost two million hungry and impoverished children across four continents in their place of education. Mary’s Meals Zambia delivers school feeding to children in the Eastern Province of Zambia.
Mary’s Meals Zambia is looking for suitable person to fill the role of Procurement Officer. This role is based in Chipata, Eastern Province and is part of the Mary’s Meals International Global Programmes team. This position will support the Operations and Logistics Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This role entails supporting the Country Operations and Logistics in providing effective and inspirational leadership for Mary’s Meals Zambia. It is a requirement to help in the general management and organizational development by closely collaborating with other members of staff in Mary’s Meals Zambia. The post holder will also collaborate with partners, suppliers and other stakeholders to promote Mary’s Meals vision, mission and values to ensure optimal programme implementation across Mary’s Meals Zambia.
- Supplier Management
- Maintaining and updating MMZ Supplier’s Database.
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing.
- Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Review and analyse all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options.
- Develop and follow plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies.
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality.
- Ensure procurement policies and practices are adhered to at all times.
- Working with team members and budget holders to ensure procurement activities are carried out in accordance with requests made.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Monitor delivery times to ensure they are on time.
- Estimating and establishing cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Providing input for Cash Monthly Request/ Cash Flow projection
- Control and monitor expenses against approved budgets
- Preparation and tracking the Global Procurement Plan
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts.
- Maintaining and tracking Contract register.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Monitor, evaluate and improve supplier performance, according to an appropriate Service Level Agreement, on a continuous basis.
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager as required.
- Reconcile or resolve order discrepancies with suppliers.
- Able to prepare RFQ, RFO and RFP.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- CIPS Professional diploma, Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supply, Business Administration, or any related field.
- Two (2) years previous experience as procurement Officer or related position.
- Solid Knowledge and understanding of procurement process, policy and systems.
- Valid membership with the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
Interested candidates who meet our minimum requirements may apply electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date : 11th May, 2021.