- Company: Right to Care
- Location: Zambia
- State: Choma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare. We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
About the Positions
Request to Hire Ref#: RTCZ21-052
Date advertised: 5th May 2021
Closing date: 12th May 2021
Position: Clinical Officer General X1
Location: Chama HAHC
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: Up to 31st July 2021
Reporting to: Provincial Technical Officer
Job grade: N/A
Contact Person: Vacancy26
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate plus related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Diploma/Degree: Clinical Medicine
- Experience working in ART management facility and Primary Health Care and community-based health programming for HIV.
- Health care service delivery background
- Prior experience working in HIV Management/Control
- Knowledge of various ART related Documentation
- Understanding of health facility screening tools, registers, client’s files and other necessary health documents
- Understanding of Lab baselines and investigations
Technical and Behvioural Competencies
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Able to work independently
Key Performance Areas
- Screen and Implement test and start
- Ensuring all people who pass through health facility services are tested, those that are positive are enrolled in care.
- Work hand in hand with health facility staff, community health workers, community leaders, pharmacy and lab staff to ensure availability of commodities and linkage of HIV positive patients into care.
- Reviewing to ensure completeness of patient’s files and taking the appropriate action
- Understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation and data review
- Initiate treatment to all HIV positive patients in the Pre-ART registers as tracked from way back before Test and Start
- Identify undiagnosed People Living with HIV (PLWHIV) using a strategic mix of testing services within and outside facilities to maximize yield and ensure immediate linkage to ART.
- Work with Pharmacy and Lab to strengthen the supply chain management and logistics of HIV testing kits and pharmaceutical commodities to meet demand.
- Strengthen the capacity of the health systems of Zambia HIV service delivery
- Able to identify failure and switch treatment.
- Able to order blood parameters at appropriate time lines
- Able to identify OI’s and give the appropriate treatment
- Conduct regular data editing and updates as required
- Perform data quality control.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Closing Date : 12th May, 2021.