- Company: Ecobank Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Exciting Career Opportunity
Ecobank Zambia is a full-service bank providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporate business segments within its branches and through its digital platforms.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class Pan-African bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Africa by providing customers with convenient, accessible and reliable financial products and services. The bank is an affiliate of the Pan-Africa Leader Ecobank Group which is present in 33 Countries in Africa.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for an experienced professional in the following area:
Treasury Operations Officer
Date May 2021
GENERAL INFORMATION ON THE JOB
Job Title TREASURY OPERATIONS OFFICER
Reports to Head Treasury Operations
Location Head Office, Lusaka
Direct Reports None
1. To provide Back office (administrative) support to all treasury related transactions in line with operations policy manual, Standard Operating Procedures, ZIPSS rules, CSD rules and Banking regulation under the Financial Services Act.
2. The job involves assisting Head Treasury operations in managing the processing of transactions (e g Foreign Exchange and Money market deals) in Treasury Operations Department within the affiliate and ensuring that all transactions comply to approved procedures manuals and meet processing deadlines.
1. Processing of RTGS transactions from electronic channels and branches.
2. Processing of all foreign exchange and money market deal from treasury front office.
3. Ensure timely processing and filing of foreign exchange and money markets confirmations.
4. Reconciliation of the bank of Zambia account and remedy of outstanding transactions.
5. Compilation and reporting of money market and Foreign Exchange reports to Bank of Zambia.
6. Have good rapport with the treasury team and Financial Control to diligently input board/system FX rates for the affiliate
7. Compilation of statements for all transactions processed daily with Zamia Revenue Authority.
8. Provide support to the entire branch network and business units with regards to RTGS, FX and Money Market Transactions.
9. Management of Nostro accounts held by the bank in liaison with Operations Control and Treasury.
10. Monitor and manage liquidity with the Treasury team for intraday settlements of short-term obligations on the current account.
11. Ensure compliance to Central Bank guidelines under CSD and ZIPSS rules.
12. Ensure quarterly review and measurements of risks in the department.
13. Provide support to other treasury operations units from the other affiliates.
14. Provide liaison to matters relating to the Central Bank, Zambia Revenue Authority and other counter parties under supervision of the Head Treasury Operations.
15. Any other duties as may be assigned by the Unit head, Head of Operations and Head Ops and Technology.
Other key responsibility will include: – Perform all other duties as reasonably assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
a) 1 years working experience in operations with exposure to a variety of business functions.
b) Good knowledge of banking practice and theory, rules and policies and local regulations.
c) Good knowledge and understanding of ZIPSS and CSD rules.
d) Good understanding of inter-bank payments and settlement systems.
e) Minimum University Degree or equivalent.
Skills, Capabilities & Personal attributes
a) Demonstrated ability to work with team members from other units/areas e.g. the treasury front office, Financial Control, branches and Business Units
b) Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
c) Ability to carry out the responsibilities of this position with little direction
d) Ability to lead by self-initiative
e) Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
f) Strong administrative and organization skills
If you meet the requirements and would like to be part of the Pan African Bank, please complete the questionnaire in the link here and forward your updated Cover letter/CV to JHRZambia@ecobank.com no later than Tuesday, 18th May 2021 by close of business.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.