- Company: WVI
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Limited is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Position: Project Manager – Emergency Nutrition
Reporting to: Response Director
Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of this position is to provide overall technical backstopping, leadership and management of the UNICEF-funded Emergency Nutrition project covering Eastern, Lusaka, Southern and Western Provinces of Zambia. The position will have key responsibilities of ensuring project implemented, grant management, budget management, planning and procurement. The job holder will be responsible managing around thirteen staff and will ensure timely reporting, liaison, and support of the province/district on nutrition intervention according to donor requirements and World Vision standards. The incumbent will be responsible for stakeholder management, capacity building of staff, representation of World Vision in various fora and overall contribution to Child Well Being outcomes. Further, the nutrition program manager will equally pay attention to needs identification as well as being involved in new program/project development. S/He will be the point of contact between, the Ministry of Health, UNICEF, NFNC, and World Vision Zambia as well as a representation during the coordination meetings.
- Manage and coordinate development and implementation of program implementation instruments including DIP, ITT, Procurement Plan. Provide technical leadership and coordination of the field teams to ensure they deliver on the project outputs and that the same is accurately reported.
- Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- Lead integrated research and learning initiatives for the generation of lessons learnt and knowledge for enhanced program effectiveness.
- Manage quality implementation and monitoring of the programme within scope, time, and budget.
- Produce a consolidated annual/semi-annual report for sharing with other stakeholders.
- Support the documentation and dissemination of promising practices for future programming.
- Support the development of data repository for the programme for better knowledge management and utilization
- Build capacity of technical staff through coaching and mentoring for increased/enhanced competency.
- Manage performance of programme staff for increased accountability
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters in a related technical area preferred), or equivalent in Nutrition, Public Health or Social science with experience in Nutrition and a proven record in capacity building
- At least 4-year experience in project management with knowledge of project cycle management
- Experience working with health facility/programming
- Nutrition in emergency experience, (IYCF, IMAM)
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Applications will close by 13 May 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
|Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!|
WVI.org/jobs/zambia/project-management/project-manager-emergency-nutrition/16792″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 13th May, 2021.