- Company: Bank of Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians for the following position:
ASSISTANT MANAGER – FOREIGN EXCHANGE DEALING, RO (1 POST)
To gather and assess information in the foreign exchange market in order to support the implementation of monetary policy.
- Compile reports in 30 minute intervals on activity in the domestic foreign exchange market in order to provide timely information for management decision making.
- Collect data on foreign exchange trading activity daily as reported by the registered foreign exchange brokers and produce a report at prescribed times.
- Prepare weekly reports on activities in the offshore market to keep management updated on developments that may impact on the domestic foreign exchange market.
- Update the procedural manual pertaining to the Foreign Dealing Unit operations to ensure continuity.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/BA in Economics; Banking and Finance or equivalent;
- Three (3) years’ relevant experience;
- ACI Dealing certificate an added advantage;
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better).
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Statistical skills
- Risk Management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Computer skills
- Report writing skills
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.