- Company: UNFPA
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Under the guidance of the Operations Manager and direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant, the driver is responsible for the provision of transport assistance to the office.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives the office car and transports staff and authorized personnel. Keeps abreast with traffic and road conditions in order to ensure the prompt and efficient transportation of personnel
- Maintains the office car in a clean condition and carries out daily routine maintenance: checks vehicle tire pressure and fluids such as oil and gas, and ensures that it is in good running order
- Ensures that all maintenance and service records are filed. Keeps record of any vehicle accidents and repairs
- Reports potential mechanical problems to Administrative Assistant
- Delivers daily correspondence and supplies to various destinations (institutions), ensure that deliverance is performed on time
- Facilitates arrival and departure of visitors by assisting in immigration and customs formalities
- Substitutes the Representative’s Driver in his absence
- Performs related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed Secondary Level education.
Knowledge and Experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Fluency in English language.
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy. Apply for this position through the E-Recruit System of UNFPA.
CLOSING DATE: 14 May 2021
PLEASE NOTE: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.