- Company: Chiwila Farms
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
Contract type: One Year Contract with possibility for renewal
Proposed start date: 28 June 2021
About the role
We are a medium sized farm operating in poultry, pigs, fish farming and crops, and are hiring an entry level farm supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for the organising and implementation of day-to-day activities of the farm and will work closely with the farm overseer and operations manager.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to live on site, accommodation is provided.
- Organising and developing plans for efficient crop and animal husbandry management.
- Analysing, monitoring and improving the daily functions of the farm and ensuring animal and plant health measures are in place.
- Hands-on approach to work and getting involved in the practical farm activities.
- Accountable for productivity levels, managing a work rota, delegating roles and supervising farm workers.
- Supporting the maintenance of up-to-date bookkeeping and financial records.
- Providing thorough and written updates to the operations team.
- General maintenance- ensuring farm cleanliness and scheduling maintenance works where required.
- A keen interest in agriculture and willingness to stay up to date with relevant technical knowledge.
- Forward-thinking individual who takes steps to prevent drawbacks in the project.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to work well under stress and has a flexible approach to work.
- Honesty and integrity at work.
- A team player who is respectful to all workers and contributes to the welfare of the team.
- Diploma in an Agriculture/ Aquaculture/ Animal Health related course.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and spoken English; fluent in local language prevalent in Kitwe.
- Computer literate with competent internet use and Microsoft Word.
- Farm related experience is not required but desired.
- Accommodation with utility bills for electricity and water included.
- Training opportunities.
- Discretionary performance-based bonus.
- Entitlement to leave days.
This is a full-time position and due to the nature of farm work the successful candidate must be available to work weekdays and some weekends. Please note there are restrictions set on the number of people allowed to occupy the provided accommodation.
Closing Date : 15th May, 2021.