- Company: Play it Forward (PiF)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Livingstone
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
Play it Forward Football Club (PFFC) is seeking an individual to join our team of dedicated staff in Zambia. The person will manage and oversee all football operations and logistics. This individual will work closely with the Country Director of the NGO Play it Forward Zambia (PFZ) and the CEO of Play it Forward in the UK.
Our mission is to empower young Zambians to develop sustainable livelihoods through quality education and health activities. Play it Forward FC inspires and empowers a whole new generation of young people to take control of their lives. We engage over 1,500 young people every year in a wide range of programmes from health education & HIV testing to literacy, coding, mentoring and support towards higher education and employment. Our support on and off the pitch, ensures that young people emerge from our programmes with new skills to succeed in school, the workforce and in life.
PFFC currently has a men’s team who play in FAZ Southern Province Division One and a women’s team in the new FAZ Livingstone Women’s Super League.
Zambia Non-Profit Registration No. 120170010072
Location: Livingstone, Zambia
Salary & Benefits: Competitive
Contract: 1 year
Reports to: Country Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in UK
Essential skills and experience
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in strategic football planning, both on and off the pitch
Strong knowledge of event operations and sports team logistics
Knowledge of Zambian League structures, Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) and FIFA rules and regulations
Appropriate qualifications in project management or football coaching licenses
Substantial experience of managing high level players and/or talented young players
Strong and proven leadership and management capability
Excellent English communication skills
Main duties and responsibilities
1. General Management
Key Deliverable: Managing all aspects of training and match operations
- Organise league fixtures, matches and tournaments to create a culture of inclusive and competitive football
- Improve academy structure by creating clear player pathways with coaching staff that lead to success
- Use the success of the men’s and women’s senior teams to inspire younger players and promote the charitable work of Play it Forward Zambia
- Promote a culture of excellence and holistic player development aligned with our missions and values
2. Performance Management
Key Deliverable: Effectively manage all coaching staff
- Devise and implement the coaching and support structure for all men’s and women’s teams, leading areas such as the appointment of appropriate coaches, player recruitment and training programmes throughout the pathway.
- Meet regularly with the football coaches and hold them accountable to KPI’s
- Promote continuous coach development through training and courses qualifications to build capacity
- Ensure staff Job Descriptions deliver the organisational strategic objectives, and personal / professional objectives
- Conduct annual appraisals based on personal objectives and targets and agree performance related pay with the Country Director
- Lead, co-ordinate and drive the delivery of support services (sports science, sports medicine and strength and conditioning) to the performance squads.
2. Public Relations
Key Deliverable: Expand business opportunities for the football club by engaging with external stakeholders
Develop new and expand existing commercial activity to support both the development of football and to contribute to meeting the agreed income targets.
- Promote the profile of the football club, nationally and internationally
- Represent PFFC in FAZ meetings and other club related matters
- Communicate with the media (tv, newspapers, radio) to raise our profile and tell our story
Establish, develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders, partners and donors in country
3. Business Development
Key Deliverable: The football club continues to grow in capacity and sustains enough income to support itself and the players that we work with.
- Research and engage with local sponsorship opportunities with businesses and corporates to generate financial or in-kind support
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a business development strategy
Diversify income by establishing social enterprise activities to create financial sustainability
6. Financial Management
Key deliverable: Prepare, manage and monitor the football budget in line with the organisation’s financial procedures.
- Ensure that there is a robust internal control environment, including sound policies and procedures that safeguard staff and the assets of the organisation and funding partners
- Ensure all expenditure is within monthly and annual budget restrictions
- Ensure that established policies and procedures on HR, administration, finance, and programmes are understood by coaching staff, implemented and regularly reviewed
- 6. Other
Manage facilities, training equipment and any other club property to the highest standard
- Ensure all staff that come into contact with children undertake appropriate safeguarding training and understand the club’s child protection policy
- Ensure that Health and Safety is prioritised in every area of PF’s work, especially first aid and road safety
- To learn more about the work we do visit our website: www.play-itforward.org
We welcome applications from people of all ages (over 18) and backgrounds who have the skills and experience to help strengthen our team.
Please submit your CV along with a cover letter of no more than one A4 page outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com