- Company: DAI Global LLC
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
The USAID Local Impact Governance Activity (Local Impact) is a five-year activity that is helping Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The activity is engaging national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of district-level governance bodies to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial management and domestic revenue generation. The activity has the following three objectives:
Objective 1: Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service-delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
Objective 2: The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
Objective 3: The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia. The Program seeks to recruit for the following position:
Position Title: Information Technology (IT) Specialist
Position Location: Lusaka, Zambia
The IT Specialist will be responsible for oversight of IT needs including system installations, server and equipment maintenance, IT equipment inventory management assistance, support and technical advice to staff, and any other IT related tasks, in the Lusaka and provincial offices; and ensures that DAIGLOBAL established standards set by the DAI home office are followed and that proprietary project solutions are efficient and cost effective.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with technical teams on planning and seamlessly implementing virtual meetings between implementing partners and beneficiaries;
- Works with Finance team in installation and troubleshooting of the Field Administrative System (Dynacom);
- Installs and maintains the Local Area Network (switches and NIC configuration TCP/IP, NAT, TCP/IP printing, windows network and domain services on TCP/IP) for all project offices;
- Maintains WAN connectivity including but not limited to all offices’ internet connection and services, and devices configuration and maintenance such as printers and access points;
- Maintains and installs server and server application including Hardware integration, Windows Server installation and maintenance, LAN and WAN connectivity, FTP services;
- Deploys of client workstations, applications installation, configuration and maintenance in Laptops, Desktops, MS Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 and IBM Notes;
- Maintains information security on all project IT equipment;
- Carries out physical and remote user support of approximately 35 staff located in Lusaka and provincial offices, analyzing, documenting and troubleshooting various problems;
- Communicates regularly with the Home Office OIMT IT Operations team regarding network, system hardware and software changes/issues/updates and user registration, updates and termination;
- Aids and advises in procurement and evaluation of all technical equipment including but not limited to phones, copiers, switches etc.;
- Plans and analyzes the necessary requirements of the system and communicating them with OIMT IT Operations team regarding implementation of such special features on the system;
- Assists office inventory personnel in maintaining a proper inventory of the IT equipment within the project;
- Provides leave of absence cover for staff as required;
- Escalates any issues to his/her supervisor immediately;
- Prepared to travel to project provincial offices as required;
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer science or any related field;
- Microsoft certifications strongly preferred;
- Minimum four years of experience in maintaining project office computer hardware, networks and software, ensuring that all hardware and software components are functioning;
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in MS Office software, especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Basic networking troubleshooting experience. Experience in a large office strongly preferred;
- Experience troubleshooting printers and other equipment;
- Understanding of USAID procurement procedures/ guidelines and experience working with USAID or other international donors preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English required.
Reporting and Supervision
- The position will be based in the Local Impact Activity’s main office in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Finance and Operations Director;
- There may be some travel to provincial offices.
Use the URL provided in the advertisement to apply and send electronic submissions of your CV via this link by 17pm on Monday May 17,2021. No telephone inquiries, Applications not meeting the above application guidelines may not be considered Finalists will be contacted.