- Company: Avani
- Location: Zambia
- State: Livingstone
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Refreshingly understated, contemporary and simple. Whether you want a leisurely family break or romantic escape, Avani hotels and resorts provide the right space for relaxed and inspired comfort. Discerning service, relaxed dining and engaging recreation facilities for all guests are a given.
As Executive Chef you will be responsible for leading the overall kitchen operations of the hotel. You will train and manage kitchen team members, supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities, estimate food consumption and purchase of food, select and develop recipes.
Further you would need to standardize production of dishes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation, technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus, ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance, and ensure proper safety and sanitation in the kitchen. You may be required to cook certain dishes for special occasions and will oversee special catering events.
The Executive Chef is directly responsible for hiring, people development and performance reviews of the kitchen team and will report to the Hotel Manager. Additionally the Executive Chef will be responsible for driving revenue and ensuring that the kitchen operations are profitable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related culinary degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of industry and culinary management experience in a 3 star or 4 star hotel.
- Previous experience controlling food and labor costs.
- Previous experience with strong in culinary, menu development, and pricing development.
- Passion for leadership and teamwork.
- Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence.
- Excellent guest service skills.
Closing Date : 20th May, 2021.