- Company: Plan International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions under the Early Childhood Development (ECD) Community Insaka – Young with Potential Project, Global Partnership in Education (GPE) and the European Union (EU) Women Empowerment and Micro Small Enterprises Support – Zambia Project:
FINANCE OFFICER – (X1)
The Finance Officer position is a support position that will enable the Project Team to achieve their results by providing necessary finance and administration support. The Finance Officer’s main role is to capture all accounting transactions and provide all necessary financial information for the Project and ensure that all funds utilized are accounted for. The incumbent will work within the set framework and will refer all decisions to the Country Accountant.
- Capture all accounting transactions in the General Ledger and provide all necessary financial information.
- Coordinate banking transactions for the program area.
- Prepare bank reconciliations to ensure that bank balances are in line with cash book balances.
- Check requests by Project teams to ensure that they are in accordance with the approved budget.
- File all payment vouchers, journals and receipts sequentially.
- Prepare year-end financial schedules and mobilize information.
- Follow up on all project advances to ensure they are properly accounted for and posted in the system.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- A Higher National Diploma in Accounting.
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage.
- Must Possess at least 2-3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role in an INGO environment.
- Well versed in computerized accounting applications.
- Paid up member of ZICA (provide proof of membership).
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Ability to take charge of the accounting functions in the absence of the Accountant.
- Appreciation of child rights.
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledgeable in International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to email@example.com. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 23rd May, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.