- Company: Plan International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions under the Early Childhood Development (ECD) Community Insaka – Young with Potential Project, Global Partnership in Education (GPE) and the European Union (EU) Women Empowerment and Micro Small Enterprises Support – Zambia Project:
LOGISTICS, ADMINISTRATON AND PROCUREMENT OFFICER – (X1)
The position will support the procurement of goods and services, manage organizations logistics, administration, transport, company assets and the budget in order to ensure there is value for money within Plan’s procurement process. The Officer reports and works closely with the Procurement and Supply Chain Manager, interacts with suppliers to negotiate for goods and services to be procured in line with the procurement plan. The incumbent gives updates and reports on the program operations and understands the resources required for the different programs and projects.
- Handling all procurements for the Project within the set framework to ensure smooth flow of all the procurement activities.
- Develop the Project Purchase Plan and coordinate the supply chain function in collaboration with the Country Office.
- Development of effective vehicle management systems that are in support of the Country operational plan and administering the Drivers in accordance with the Plan Policy.
- Ensuring that Asset Management and supporting utilities provisions for the
Project are in accordance with the Plan policies.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- A Higher Diploma in Purchasing and Supply.
- Must possess at least 2-3 years’ relevant work experience in a similar role in an INGO environment.
- Driver’s License.
- Well versed in computerized applications (SAP).
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Appreciation of Child Rights.
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledgeable of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to email@example.com. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 23rd May, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.