- Company: Mary Begg Health Services
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Mary Begg Health Services
POSITION : COST AND MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT (1)
LOCATION : NDOLA – HEAD OFFICE
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Cost and Management Accountant (CMA) will assist management in understanding the exact cost of creating and distributing every product and service at different stages to minimise expenditure and ensure an optimum utilisation of resources.
1. Costing; pricing of goods or services.
2. Prepare and verify cost accounting and preparation of related statements.
3. Analyse costs and create ways to reduce them.
4. Evaluate operating efficiency and effectiveness of service management in different departments of the organisation.
5. Use this analysis to compare financial performance; assessments and projections; provide figures for future costing and pricing policies and other related managerial decisions.
6. Inform management on issues of purchase price, inventory, human costs and related issues.
7. Advise on a profitable product mix, identifying business risks and ensuring of mitigation.
8. Maintain an updated service price list.
9. Produce cost models for use and reference.
10. Advise sites on any changes in price for services or products.
11. Co-ordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts.
12. Investigate cycle counting variances and resolution of related issues.
13. Validate cost of goods sold as part of month end closing.
14. Accumulate and apply overhead costs as per company policy and GAAP.
15. Work with the commercial department to locate and dispose of obsolete inventory.
16. Conduct ongoing process constraint analysis.
17. Report on break-even points by products or site.
18. Report on margins by site or product.
19. Reporting on periodic variances and their causes, focusing on spending variances.
20. Analysis of capital budgeting requests.
21. Any other assignments in line with the job as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Holder of full CIMA with at least 3 years post-qualification experience
2. Must be a member of ZICA
3. Excellent analysis skills
4. Ability to collaborate with a multi-department team
5. Commercial and business awareness
6. Good communication skills, both written and verbal
7. Deadline orientation and time-management skills
Closing date: 19 th May 2021.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be shortlisted and contacted. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.