- Company: DAPP
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects within the field of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is looking to engage a competent Human Resources Officer for its Clothes and Shoes project.
The position is tenable in Ndola.
To provide support and guidance to the Clothes and Shoes (C&S) project in matters relating to human resources management matters and give back-stopping support to the C&S management/leadership.
1. Main roles and responsibilities
- Participates in developing HR goals, objectives, and systems for C&S project and DAPP in general
- Tracks the implementation of the employee performance reviews and management system
- Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested
- Maintains the HR database and generates scheduled or requested reports to assist management and periodically audits the database to ensure accuracy
- Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in a timely manner
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal and organisational requirements
- Schedules participants into training sessions and tracks participants and training records, (e.g. Frontline, workshops), induction, capacity building, etc
- Manages the logistics of the recruiting process, and participates as necessary
- Conducts new-employee orientation and prepares paperwork required for new employees
- Participates in disseminating the Employment Manual and other related policies and procedures
- Assists with the implementation and tracking of security, safety and health programs
- Participates on various committees to provide HR support and to monitor activities and completion of goals
- Controls and approves leave days for each employee, making certain that there are no accruals
- Evaluates and approves the need for temporal extra labour force when requested by the Commercial Manger/Area Managers
- Suggests initiatives to improve operating practices
- Reviews and updates operating manuals for the shops
- Drafts and, or issues contracts and various correspondence as required in liaison with line management
- Designs and drafts the monthly/half /annual Clothes and Shoes project HR report
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings; and writes and distributes minutes of the meetings
- Liaises with Finance Department to ensure Payroll’s timely implementation of all agreed employee compensation, including any approved Salary Adjustments documents
- Works closely in conjunction with the project leadership to ensure that all employees are enrolled on the National Health Insurance scheme, National Pension Scheme Authority, etc and documentation is accurately maintained
- Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Three (03) years’ experience in a similar position
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management (ZIHRM), with 2021 Practising Licence
3. Preferred qualities
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of any HRMIS software will be an added advantage
- Understanding of Zambia Labour laws
- Communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective member of a team
- Ability and willingness to work extra hours
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received by 18th May, 2021.
The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title.
Indicate the job title, Human Resources Officer – Clothes & Shoes Project, as the subject of your email.
Please indicate your current, or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
Being a Ndola based position, Ndola residents are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted