- Company: Right to Care
- Location: Zambia
- State: Nchelenge
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
About the Positions
Request to Hire Ref# RTCZ21- 058
Date advertised: 14/05/2021
Closing date: 19/05/2021
Position: Professional Counsellor
Contract type: Fixed
Contract duration: Until 31 July 2021
Reporting to: HTS Coordinator
Job grade: 12
Contact Person: Vacancy 25
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Professional Counselling Qualification
- Basic HIV/AIDS Training Certificate
- 2 years’ experience in Counselling
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Problem solving skills
- Counselling skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Supervision skills (guiding, supporting)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in local Language
- HTS linkage Viral Load HVST
Key Performance Areas
- Using the professional experience to lead the supervisee in exploring alternative interventions, perceptions and avenues of viewing the clients presenting concerns
- Provides advice in a supportive and constructive way to enhance efficiency and proficiency
- Links the supervisees concerns about clients in a detached fashion
- Helps the supervisee remain focused in her counselling work
- Supervision of Lay Counsellors.
- Helps the supervisee gain insight into her work, her effectiveness, or limitations.
- Help supervisee address the so-called spot issues (dumb spot, blind spot and deaf spot)
- Promote an understanding of the underlying issues in the counsellor-client relationship
- Ensure data is Entered into the daily register for each patient counselled i. e. their age, gender etc
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Closing Date : 18th May, 2021.