- Company: Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
One of our Clients a leading Commercial Bank has given us the mandate to assist in the identification and recruitment of highly qualified and competent professionals.
The Software Developer will be responsible for building and implementing functional programs. Work with other Developers and Product Managers throughout the software development life cycle. Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Directing system testing and validation procedures.
- Directing software programming and documentation development.
- Consulting with departments or customers on project status and proposals.
- Working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate software hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
Required Skills and Personal Attributes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
- A keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related Degree.
- At least a minimum of 5 years Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Must have work in a Commercial Bank or Financial Institution as a Software Developer.
- Proven work experience in Developing and Implementing Digital Banking products and Solutions will be a plus
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks.
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Deep programming language knowledge.
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE