- Company: USAID DISCOVER – Health Project
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
USAID DISCOVER-Health project supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
Position Title : Supply Chain Specialist
Position Type : Temporal
Location : Kapiri Mposhi
Reports to : Hub Manager
Duration: Four Months, up to September 2021
The Supply Chain Specialist provides technical guidance and support to USAID DISCOVER-Health Service delivery points/sites at district level to ensure consistent supply of HIV/AIDS and TB, VMMC, Maternal and Child Health, Reproductive Health and Family planning commodities. Provides training, monitoring and supervision and commodity pipeline monitoring at the Hub and site level. Reporting to the Hub Manager for day to day supervision, and receives the technical supervision from the Supply Chain Coordinator based at Head Office
- Maintain pipeline database for all USAID DISCOVER – Health managed commodities and ensure constant supply from central level through a prescribed timeframe
- Collaborate with Ministry of Health at provincial and district levels of health care to promote sustainability of DISCOVER Health activities
- Provide regular technical support and guidance to USAID DISCOVER Health service delivery staff (outreach purposes), to address logistics system problems to ensure consistent supply of commodities
- Collaborate with Ministry of Health at all levels of health care to ensure availability of commodities in selected public and private health facilities that USAID DISCOVER – Health will operate from
- Gather data, analyse and address logistics system bottlenecks to ensure accountability
- Provide supervision and management support to Supply Chain Assistants at Hub sites; provide coaching, mentoring and support to teams in implementation of activity plans.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly electronic reports and requisitions for all public sector and social marketed commodities including USAID DISCOVER Health procured consumables
- Provide inventory management and oversight over USAID DISCOVER – Health Hub warehousing operations
- Work with other project staff to help identify resource and/or performance improvement needs in order to advance the goal of commodity security
- Ensure commodity needs for the outreach activities are well managed and systems to promote accountability are adhered to;
- Prepare and present technical presentations as necessary
- Participate in the Ministry of Health Technical and Partner meetings at district and provincial levels as required
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Degree or Diploma in Pharmacy, Public Health or related field;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in supply chain management of HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention, TB, Family planning, and Reproductive health commodities in the public or private sector
- Experience in logistics/ supply chain management for public health commodities;
- Experience working with GRZ counterparts and counterparts from other implementing agencies;
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel frequently to provide technical support to the regional offices and USAID DISCOVER-H sites in both urban and rural communities
- Detail-oriented person, with good organizational skills;
- Strong representational and interpersonal skills;
- A team player and capable of working with minimum supervision;
- Innovative and self-motivated
Applications consisting of a cover letter and a detailed CV with full addresses and contact telephone numbers of at least 3 referees, must be sent as one email document, stating the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Monday 24th May 2021.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.