- Company: Simba International School
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
TEACHER OF BUSINESS STUDIES (SECONDARY)
We are a co-educational International School is school with over 30 years of educating children from Early Years Reception through to Sixth Form, with both day and boarding students. Our student population is over 400 students.
We are among the first group of the international schools to be established in Zambia. We are a high performing school that recently started the Cambridge Primary Programme which of course leads in very well to the existing Cambridge IGCSE and A level courses that the Secondary school works towards.
- To create and deliver challenging programmes of study in Business studies under the Cambridge curriculum by ensuring that teaching and learning is supported by the most robust research and evidence.
- Be up to date with the Cambridge KS3, IGCSE, Business studies, Economics, Accounts and A-Level Economics curriculum and assessment standards.
- To teach effectively across a range of provision ensuring pupils achieve excellent outcomes in Business studies and related subjects.
- To regularly assess and review pupils’ progress and achievement and to communicate effectively with parents/guardians in line with school procedures.
- To work with the head of Humanities to develop, implement and monitor effective schemes of work, course delivery, assessments, pupil surveys and pupil data in line with school policy.
- To work as part of a teaching team and, where appropriate, help develop other teaching staff.
- To be a designated form tutor and the key home-school link for students through various online facilities including the Google classroom and G-suite.
Teaching and learning
- To teach effectively across a range of provision ensuring pupils achieve excellent outcomes in Business Studies, economics and principles of accounts.
- To regularly assess and review pupils’ progress and achievement and to communicate effectively with parents/Guardians in line with school procedures.
- To work with the head of humanities and commercial subjects to develop, implement and monitor effective schemes of work, course delivery, assessments, pupil surveys and pupil data in line with school policy.
- To ensure that teaching and learning is evaluated and action plans produced and implemented to promote best practice and ensure excellent pupil achievement.
- To work with other teachers and staff to identify, develop and deliver staff training.
- To remain up to date with the Cambridge learner and teacher standards including national trends in education and in business studies and implement developments in curriculum design and delivery to reflect these.
- Where appropriate, to mentor staff new to teaching, staff undertaking teacher training programmes and other staff as appropriate.
- To develop and maintain a learning environment in line with the school’s values.
- To deliver enrichment programmes and practical experiences in Business studies.
- To target and monitor individual pupil progress and use data proactively to identify and drive individual and group improvement to maximise achievement
- To propose development actions based on data to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Have a full understanding of connections and progressions in the subject and use this in their teaching to ensure pupils make good progress.
- Be a dynamic, driven person with a desire for educational excellence.
- Be willing to be part of a successful team at a school with a well-established academic record.
- Be able to set and attain consistently high expectations with leaners.
- B.Ed. (QTS), / degree in Business studies or accounts with PGCE or equivalent.
- Demonstrate excellent subject and/or specialist knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience, preferably with Cambridge curriculum.
- Registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia.
- Understand ICT in the teaching of their subject or specialization.
The school is an equal opportunity employer and suitably qualified, self-motivated and results oriented candidates are encouraged to apply. Electronic applications including a cover letter accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents should be forwarded to the following addresses on or before June 1st 2021.
Attn: The Headmaster