- Company: Zambia Open Community Schools (ZOCS)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Main Purpose for the Position
The overall aim of the Position is to increase learning opportunities for marginalized children especially girl and children with disabilities. The District Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating the overall planning, implementation and monitoring of all project activities and ensure direct liaison with various key Government Ministries and other partners. The position is also responsible for promoting the Mission and Vision of the Zambia Open Community Schools (ZOCS) Strategic Plan and actively participate in education and development related meetings at district level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities in Community Schools of Kazungula, Zimba, Sesheke, Mulobezi and Nkeyema District.
- Coordinate meetings with stakeholders (Ministries of General Education, Health, Agriculture, Community Development and Social Welfare)
- Collaborate with the DEBS Office in the design of the Teacher Training Programme in pedagogical skills and use of ICT.
- Ensure teaching and learning materials are procured and distributed to Community Schools
- Managing the project budget in conjunction with Project Manager to ensure transparency and accountability in the use of resources
- Collaborate with the Project Manager in the design and implementation of community sensitisation meetings, trainings for PCSC in School Governance, Management and Accountability, District Advocacy Committee (DAC), Community Action Groups (CAGs).
- Coordinate identification, verification and monitoring of learners and volunteer teachers on the bursary programme
- Collaborating with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team in undertaking need assessments to identify beneficiary needs.
- Produce activity reports and tracking of project deliverables against the set indicators.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
- Networks (internal / external)
- Staff (internal)
- Schools (external)
- Donors (external)
- Government (external)
Qualifications / Professional Experience
- University degree or Advanced Diploma in Education or any other related field
- At least 5 years of experience in the education sector or development work and management of school/community systems;
- Minimum of 3-year experience in a similar role with advisory responsibilities essential
- Previous stakeholder engagement experience essential
- Project Management experience desirable
- NGO experience desirable
- Riding a motorbike (valid motorbike licence) essential
- Must be a Zambian and resident of the recruiting district.
- Commitment to values, mission and vision of the organisation
- Integrity in all actions
- Accountable in the use of organisation resources and assets
- Skills in the use of Office tools (Word/Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Working with People (team player)
- Drive for Results
- Fluency in Silozi
To be considered for the positions, email email@example.com or send your application letter, resume and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications with traceable referees to:
The Executive Director,
Zambia Open Community Schools,
P.O. Box 50429,
Plot 20, Tito Road, Rhodes Park,
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 21st May 2021 at 17:00 hours
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.