- Company: Mukuba Pension Trust
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the Role:
The job holder will provide financial and accounting services to the Trust in order to ensure finances and transactions are accurately maintained and monitored.
1. Preparation of assigned management accounts reflecting income and expenditure of the Trust to enable management make informed decisions.
2. Preparation of year-end financial statements for external audit.
3. Preparation of assigned budgets by agreed deadlines.
4. Raising payment claims for the DC and DB Funds and ensuring that funds are transferred to beneficiaries’ accounts within the agreed timelines.
5. Preparation of pensioners’ payroll and ensuring that funds are paid on time.
6. Accounting for fixed assets and maintaining fixed assets register.
7. Accrual of pensioners’ liabilities in the accounting system.
8. Preparation of weekly cash flow statements.
9. Maintaining and reconciling cash books.
10. Conducting stock audits for stationary and other MPT inventories to ensure that all items are accounted for.
11. Ensuring that all Trust receipts are accurately captured in the accounting system.
12. Supervising staff in the department.
13. Undertaking any other tasks assigned by the Finance Manager and Chief Accountant.
1. Full Grade 12 certificate
2. Must have full ACCA, CIMA or ZICA (a degree in Accounting will be an added
3. Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
Experience & Skills:
1. Minimum of 3 – 5 year’s accounting experience up to financial statement preparation level
2. External audit experience will be an added advantage
3. Experience in and Knowledge of the Pensions Industry
Job Specific Competencies:
1. Analytical skills
2. Well-rounded understanding of the pension industry
3. Expert knowledge of international financial reporting standards (IFRS)
4. Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Pastel
Key Job Attributes:
1. Ability to work under pressure and handle competing work demands
2. Must be dependable and self-motivated
3. Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
4. Accurate and precise attention to detail
5. Able to work under minimum supervision
6. Unquestionable integrity
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of solicitation will result into automatic disqualification.
The Chief Executive Officer
P O Box 23570