- Company: Lusaka Telecom Solutions
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
We are looking for highly organized candidates with good quantitative ability for the position of fleet manager. Fleet managers are responsible for assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet, maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency, among other duties.
Fleet Manager Responsibilities:
- Purchasing and maintaining vehicles for deliveries.
- Deciding whether to lease or buy vehicles.
- Assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet.
- Developing efficient driver schedules to maximize profits.
- Managing drivers so they adhere to strict schedules.
- Registering and licensing all vehicles under their management.
- Finding ways to cut costs and maximize profits.
- Developing strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensuring strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
- Monitoring driver behaviour and ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Analysing data to increase business operational efficiency.
- Utilizing GPS systems to monitor drivers and track vehicles in case of theft.
Fleet Manager Skills and qualifications
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills, including goal-setting, motivation and training
- Expert knowledge of best driving, delivery, vehicle maintenance and other industry practices
- Basic math and data analysis skills
- Familiarity with transportation scheduling and management software
- Understanding of basic vehicle mechanics, including the ability to identify when major repairs are needed
- Ability to set and monitor a budget
- Good problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Exceptional organization, time management and multitasking abilities
- Keen attention to detail
Fleet Manager Requirements:
- Degree in logistics or accounting.
- 2+ years in a logistics role.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Analytical mind-set and good problem-solving skills.
- Quantitative ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to while the method and mode of conducting the interview will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates only