- Company: Sun Share Investment Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
We are looking for 20 a talented We are looking for a talented metal fabricator to build high-quality metal components for our clients. As a metal fabricator, you will be responsible for reading and interpreting engineering blueprints, fabricating metal components or structures, and performing quality checks on finished products. You may also be required to set up fabricating machines and design custom templates.
To ensure success as a metal fabricator, you should have advanced knowledge of industrial metalwork, a good eye for detail, and excellent mathematical skills. Ultimately, a top-class metal fabricator expertly constructs high-quality products to exact specifications.
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- Constructing base templates if necessary.
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines.
- Setting up metalwork machinery including rollers, drill presses, flame cutters, brakes, and shears.
- Double-checking design specifications before commencing with cutting work.
- Fabricating and constructing metal components.
- Grinding and finishing completed products.
- Performing quality checks on completed products.
- Conforming with state and company safety regulations.
- Completing job reports.
- Minimum of certificate in mechanical engineering.
- Previous work experience as a metal fabricator.
- AWS certification and advanced welding experience.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design and manufacturing procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints.
- Proficiency with metal fabrication tools including shears, rollers, flame cutters, and drill presses.
- Advanced mathematical and engineering skills.
- Ability to lift and manipulate large metal objects.
- Ability to stand for long periods.