- Company: Simba International School
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
Simba International School
School Swim Coach
We are a co-educational International School is school with over 30 years of educating children from Early Years Reception through to Sixth Form, with both day and boarding students. Our student population is over 400 students.
We are among the first group of the international schools to be established in Zambia. We are a high performing school that recently started the Cambridge Primary Programme which of course leads in very well to the existing Cambridge IGCSE and A level courses that the Secondary school works towards.
To help teach and coach children of all ages and abilities to develop swimming skills, technique
and confidence in the water.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude towards swimming
- Good communicator
- The ability to inspire confidence and motivate swimmers
- Perseverance and patience
- The ability to encourage people and put them at ease
- An understanding of how to differentiate in a coaching session
- To plan and deliver lessons ensuring adherence to the scheme of work and lesson plans
- Ensure safe provision of all equipment and ensure it is used correctly
- Make sure safety standards are followed in sessions and undertake risk assessments
- Identify participants’ abilities and encourage them to reach their full potential
- Plan and deliver sessions appropriate to the level of swimmer
- Provide explanations and demonstrate swimming techniques
- Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance
- To be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate
and encourage children and adults to participate in swimming
- Set ground rules for each session
- Evaluate sessions and give feedback
- To constantly update, manage and complete your registers
- Organise and supervise assistants and helpers as directed by the Head of PE
- Work alongside the assistants etc to help ensure that participants are able to swim in a safe environment.
- To attend regular meetings with the Head of PE as and when necessary.
Qualifications & Experience
- All swimming teachers/coaches must have achieved, as a minimum, any of the following
- ASCA Level 1 and 2 Certificate for Coaching Swimming
- FINA Level 1 and 2
- Any equivalent of the above
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience teaching in a similar role
- Basic First Aid Training
The school is an equal opportunity employer and suitably qualified, self-motivated and results oriented candidates are encouraged to apply. Hard copy and/or electronic applications accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents should be forwarded to the following addresses on or before June 11th 2021.
Attn: Mrs T, Phiri