- Company: Simba International School
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
Simba International School
Teacher of General Science (Secondary)
We are a co-educational International School is school with over 30 years of educating children from Early Years Reception through to Sixth Form, with both day and boarding students. Our student population is over 400 students.
We are among the first group of the international schools to be established in Zambia. We are a high performing school that recently started the Cambridge Primary Programme which of course leads in very well to the existing Cambridge IGCSE and A level courses that the Secondary school works towards.
- To create and deliver challenging programmes of study in General Science under the Cambridge curriculum by ensuring that teaching and learning is supported by the most robust research and evidence.
- To work as part of a teaching team and, where appropriate, help develop other teaching staff.
- To be a designated form tutor and the key home-school link for students through various online facilities including the Google classroom and G-suite.
Teaching and learning
- To teach effectively across a range of provision ensuring pupils achieve excellent outcomes in General Science including Chemistry, Biology and Physics up to A level.
- To regularly assess and review pupils’ progress and achievement and to communicate effectively with parents/Guardians in line with school procedures.
- To work with the head of science to develop, implement and monitor effective schemes of work, course delivery, assessments, pupil surveys and pupil data in line with school policy.
- To ensure that teaching and learning is evaluated and action plans produced and implemented to promote best practice and ensure excellent pupil achievement.
- To work with other teachers and staff to identify, develop and deliver staff training.
- To remain up to date with the Cambridge learner and teacher standards including national trends in education and in science and implement developments in curriculum design and delivery to reflect these.
- Where appropriate, to mentor staff new to teaching, staff undertaking teacher training programmes and other staff as appropriate.
- To develop and maintain a learning environment in line with the school’s values.
- To deliver enrichment programmes, practical and experiments in General Science.
- To target and monitor individual pupil progress and use data proactively to identify and drive individual and group improvement to maximise achievement
- To propose development actions based on data to the Senior Leadership Team.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of pupils and for raising any concerns in line with School procedures.
- To be responsible for promoting equality and diversity in line with School policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
- To be responsible for following health and safety requirements in line with School policies and procedures.
Training and development
- To participate proactively in training and development including qualification development required in the job role.
- To undertake as required other duties and responsibilities relevant to the job as directed by the Principal.
- Grade 12 / O’ level certificate with 5 Credits or better in Science subjects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or equivalent natural science qualification.
- 5 years or more teaching experience with traceable record of success.
- Knowledge of the Cambridge curriculum and assessment criteria.
- Teaching Council of Zambia registration.
The school is an equal opportunity employer and suitably qualified, self-motivated and results oriented candidates are encouraged to apply. Hard copy and/or electronic applications accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents should be forwarded to the following addresses on or before 1st June 2021.
Attn: The Headmaster
Tel: +260 21 2 613 674 +260 21 2 615 821
Cell +260 962 980 131