- Company: Dangote Cement Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Ndola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Production Jobs in Zambia
- Oversee and coordinate efficient production of high quality clinker and cement at the plant to generate optimal revenue for DCP.
- Ensure production at optimal plant capacity at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development and articulation of production strategy for DCP.
- Create and manage the plant’s production plan, capacity plan and materials requirements plan in line with DCP’s strategic intent.
- Oversee the implantation of the approved production plan at the plant to ensure established targets are met.
- Ensure the production processes are implemented in line with agreed upon Safety & Environmental procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the unit’s strategic direction and objectives to all staff.
- Prepare annual production budgets based on relevant considerations including market forces and ensure achievement of planned budgets through optimization of resources.
- Coordinate and manage the production team to achieve daily production lines for the purpose of maintenance.
- Oversee the execution of cement kiln linings repairs, raw and cement mill operations and cement packaging system.
- Keep abreast with new developments in cement productions and good practices and make recommendation for improvement to the Chief General Manager (Operations & Maintenance).
- Supervise the implementation of approved recommendations.
- Coordinate with other units of the production, mines and maintenance department as required to meet production requirements.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership and strategic direction to the Production team.
- Prepare and provide production reports and information to management to aid decision making.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Chief General Manager (operations & Maintenance)
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a technical discipline
- Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification.
- Minimum of eight years (8) relevant work experience
Skills and Competencies
1. Professional and technical competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of cement production processes
- Strong knowledge of the cement industry (local and international) including the trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislation relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Strong knowledge of production quality parameters and quality control.
- Good knowledge of cement manufacturing equipment’s and quality control
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills.
- Good supervisory, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
2. Behavioral and management competencies:
- Leadership qualities with capabilities to manage people and function.
- Effective communications and capabilities to manage tricky issues based on local conditions.
Closing Date : 26th May, 2021.