- Company: Akros Research
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Akros strengthens national health systems in developing countries. We pride ourselves in our ground-level knowledge of the health systems where we work, and our ability to provide novel, lasting solutions implemented in developing regions.
The Impact Malaria Surveillance Officer (SO) will support the PMI-funded Impact Malaria program to enhance malaria surveillance in Lusaka district. S/he will be responsible for monitoring malaria data through the National Malaria Elimination Centre (NMEC) DHIS2 instance and the Health Management Information System (HMIS); supporting data review meetings; and planning and conducting supportive supervision visits to health facilities. The SO will also support community-level malaria surveillance through in-field support visits and remote support. This position will liaise with stakeholders from the donor organization, Lusaka District Health Office, NMEC, Health Facilities that are under LDHO, and Akros senior management to facilitate program objectives and optimize resource flow.
The candidate will be able to manage various programmatic deadlines, identify best practices and leverage implementation efforts across the program to successfully manage the assigned tasks.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders at district and sub-district level.
- Monitor progress of malaria data through the NMEC malaria DHIS2 instance and HMIS and prepare feedback to share at monthly review meetings.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, work with the LDHO to plan and conduct monthly data review meetings for the main health facilities in Lusaka district.
- Work with the LDHO plan and conduct supportive supervision visits to poor performing health facilities in the districts.
- Work with the LDHO to provide field and remote support for iCCM/Component D activities at identified Lusaka health facilities.
- Assist with conducting field-based training for CHW for the mapping Component D.
- For Monitoring and evaluation, assist with analyzing and monitoring improvement in malaria case definition adherence and also assisting with evaluating data to guide intervention delivery.
- Proactively meet with key stakeholders at district and provincial level to strengthen program implementation.
- Proactively schedule meetings with the Program Manager to assess delivery status.
10. Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of experience in a relevant field – Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation, or other related field.
- Working knowledge of DHIS2 and related vitalization software.
- Strong background in training or facilitating, especially within the Zambian context.
- Working understanding of health-related monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience working with a GRZ Ministry and a clear understanding of the structures, processes, protocols and personnel would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Self-starter who will thrive through exemplifying ownership and initiative in assigned projects.
- Excellent critical-thinking, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to successfully teach others about DHIS2 in simple, creative ways.
- Highly productive and internally motivated for successful interaction with GRZ staff at district and provincial level.
- Works well with challenging and changing delivery schedules
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 25th May, 2021.