- Company: Chemonics International Inc.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit (on a one-year contract renewable) for the following position of:
Position Title : Office Assistant (1 position)
Reporting : Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Office Assistant will work with the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to provide administrative clerical support work to ensure the offices are kept clean all the time, identify areas requiring change of fixture and fittings, and recommend for repairs. The Office Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that stationery/office supplies to the Provincial offices and for trainings are prepared in a timely manner.
- Clean office floors, walls and windows, all utensils using appropriate cleaning materials;
- Dust office furniture and equipment on a daily basis to avoid dust build-up and any debris and dirty utensils;
- Identify and report major repairs to any part of the building to the supervisor;
- Thoroughly clean all conveniences, empty bins from the offices and wash basins at least twice a day with appropriate disinfectant materials;
- Replenish all kitchen supplies required for cleaning and maintenance in consultation with the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant as soon as possible;
- Recommend for minor repairs to office furniture, plumbing and electrical systems and advice the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant if need be;
- Ensure that all the doors are locked after business hours, report any faults with doors or windows;
- Ensure that all exterior lights are functional and in good order and report any problems to the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant;
- Prepare the conference rooms and refreshments in readiness for in-house meetings;
- Support the preparation of the monthly list for purchase of training/office stationery and office supplies;
- Disburse training stationery for all trainings taking place within and out of the office;
- Attend to clerical issues of the organization when requested upon;
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team;
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently;
- Manage the reception and attend to all queries during the absence of the Receptionist.
- Manage the storeroom and keep updated records of stock control cards.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Grade 12 School Certificate;
- One (1) year of experience working in similar position;
- Good skills in planning and organizing;
- Good written and communication skills;
- Initiative, teamwork and confidentiality.
Location of assignment: Lusaka