- Company: PKF Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
PKF Zambia is part of PKF International global family of independent firms bound by shared commitment to quality, integrity and creation of clarity in a complex regulatory environment. We have offices in over 400 locations and we operate in more than 150 countries across 5 continents, and specialize in providing high quality audit, accounting and tax, and advisory solutions to international and domestic organizations in all our markets.
To cater for our growing clientele, we are looking for an experienced Tax Seniors to be part of the operations of our tax practice at our Livingstone, Ndola and Lusaka offices. The desired candidate to serve our clients aiming at maximizing engagement and achieving best results on various tax assignments. As a member on our tax services team, the Tax Senior will apply his/ her industry knowledge and experience to the following
Tax Senior- Roles and Responsibilities
- Must have a good understanding of local and international tax principles including transfer pricing.
- Must be Conversant with ZRA online portal.
- Attend to tax account reconciliations for all tax types.
- Attend to notices and various correspondence received from tax authorities.
- Must be able to prepare and attend to Tax Audits.
- Prepare/review and submit quarterly provisional and annual corporate income tax returns.
- Prepare/review and submit monthly Pay as You Earn, NAPSA, Value Added Tax and Withholding tax returns.
- Develop junior staff in the team through on-the job coaching.
- Provide tax compliance support for audit teams on clients where tax issues are more complex.
- Research, prepare/review tax advice relating to domestic and international tax matters.
- Prepare corporate income and deferred tax computations for audit provisioning for clients.
- Attend to correspondence with clients on information regarding technical developments as well as the application of local and international tax issues.
Requirements for the Tax Senior
- Must be a registered ZICA member
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Degree in Taxation or professional accounting qualification such as CA Zambia or ACCA or CIMA.
- Extensive practical experience (3 years or above) in both local and international taxation;
- Excellent knowledge of tax principles and law, tax audits, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships and meeting set deadline.
- An efficient approach to resolving issues and providing advice.
- Analytical skills with detail orientation
- Previous experience with an audit firm will be an added advantage
- Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas;
- Attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills;
- Good working environment.
The Tax Partner
PKF Zambia Chartered Accountants
30G Sable Road Kabulonga, Lusaka
Tel: (+260 213) 320337 / 321476 (+260 211)267115/119
N.B. All applicants are encouraged to send applications through Email as a preventive measure in the light of the COVID-19 situation.