- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
- Design, plan, monitor and report on all drill and blast activities to ensure a productive and efficient mining operations.
- Produce accurate Drill and Blast designs in a timely manner, as defined by 3 monthly and weekly plans provided by short range engineering.
- Under the direction of the Chief Engineer undertake Drill and Blast related project studies and investigations: blast movement monitoring, wall control blasting trials, electronic initiation designs, mine introduce Innovative D&B Engineering techniques and products.
- Be able to verify, analyse and report blast performance data.
- Liaise with other department on deliverables inputs and stake holders.
Compliance / Quality Control
- Champion Operational quality control. Ensure holes are drilled to Engineering planned depth, location, and Inclination to achieve the desired blast results.
- Prepare, Monitor and updates production data associated with Drilling and Blasting activities.
- Review q/a data digging rates and blast videos determine areas of further improvement.
- Ensure Blast masters plans for the 3 months’ forecast are produced in timely manner.
- Review and analyse contractor short reports identifying trends and inefficiencies.
- Consult and develop a close working relationship with the Geotechnical Engineer in order to optimize pit wall stability.
- Develop a sense of continuous improvement. Seek to streamline drill and blast process to increase productivity, quality and compliance.
- Other duties as directed by the Mine Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc / BEng Mining.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in international mining.
- Ability to work in a team environment with many stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural environment.
- Middle management experience.
- Ability to maintain composure when dealing with conflicting priorities while providing consistent leadership and direction.
- Must be able to develop and maintain a cohesive working team.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, remaining on track and compensating for variances.
- Demonstrated ability to manage suppliers/contractors.
- Vision to perceive risks and opportunities and an ability to act on these circumstances accordingly.
- Ability to develop solutions in a rapidly changing and mentally challenging environment.
- Willingness to take initiative on projects, design changes, and inventive solutions.
Closing Date : 2nd June, 2021.