- Company: N-frasys
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Production Jobs in Zambia
N-frasys is looking for a Chef to manage all of the operations in the Kitchen of our Restaurant.
Oversees a kitchen by managing other members of the food preparation team, deciding what dishes to serve and adjusting orders to meet guests’ requests. May assist in prep work, but more often will be involved in cooking specialty dishes. Chooses ingredients and designs a menu based on the seasonal availability of food items. Creates unique dishes that inspire guests.
- Cook’s guests’ orders according to their preferences
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
- Selects choice ingredients that will give dishes the best flavour
- Experiments to come up with new specialties that will draw diners into the restaurant
- Coaches the other members of the kitchen staff, so they perform at their best
- Determines how much food to order and maintains an appropriate supply at the restaurant
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that guests have a positive experience
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the restaurant is particularly busy
Qualification and Requirements:
- Training in Culinary Arts and any other related certification / diploma in Food Production or its equivalent.
- At least 2 years work experience in a similar role
- Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent
- Computer literate
- Customer service and sales experience
- Must have physical stamina, Creativity and Flair
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Closing Date : 31st May, 2021.