- Company: UNHCR
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Zambia
Interested staff members should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS, UNHCR/AI/2020/1/Rev.2). If you have questions regarding your eligibility, you may also contact the HR Unit.
In line with the RALS, the below category of candidates are eligible to apply for internally/externally advertised vacancies.
¿ Interested internal candidates (Group 2) need apply through MSRP ¿ Self-Service ¿ Recruiting Activities ¿ Careers (please search by JO number or by Location). Please update your personal profiles with all required information in order to be able to apply. Please consult the attached documents for further guidance on how to update the personal profile.
Interested external applicants need to apply online and complete the mandatory motivation letter. For technical issues with logging in to the MSRP External Portal, or with online applications, please contact the HR Unit well before the deadline to allow sufficient time for any technical problem to be resolved.
Applications will be accepted only via the online portals. Please do not send application via email.
Not signed, incomplete and late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
Duties And Qualifications
- Support in Overseeing the UNHCR Call Centre staff and operations.
- Ensure Call Centre staff respond to the calls in a kind, helpful, and professional manner.
- Remain abreast of all information and updates on assistance and services to refugees. Liaise with relevant units ¿ protection, registration, field, mass information, etc. to receive updates,
organize briefings for Helpline staff, and ensure information being provided by the Call Centre is accurate and up-to-date.
- Compile and report on trends emerging from the Call Centre ¿ including concerns, frustrations, and information coming from refugees.
- Support in generating daily, weekly and monthly reports on the number of calls received, average waiting time, number of referrals made, etc.
- Observe and listen to Call Centre staff for quality control purposes.
- Liaise closely with colleagues to ensure the most effective operation of the Call Centre.
- Utilize UNHCR tools to enable refugees to make appointments at the reception centre, update bio-data, etc.
- Refer cases to protection colleagues for assistance, as needed.
- Answer and respond immediately to emergency calls received on the Call Centre, including collecting relevant information and forwarding to the appropriate colleague for assistance.
- Provide basic counselling to refugees.
- Make outbound calls to refugees as needed to schedule appointments, collect information, participate in emerging exercises, etc.
- Provide face to face counselling and information dissemination periodically at the UNHCR reception centre.
- Compile and enter the statistical data into the protection database.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Minimum 1 year of professional job experience. Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds.
UNHCR.org/psp/RAHRPRDX/EMPLOYEE/HR/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=2&JobOpeningId=26993&PostingSeq=1″ target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27 May. 2021