- Company: Christian Blind Mission
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Christian Blind Mission is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest countries of the world.
Christian Blind Mission is looking for interns in the following fields:
- Education, legal, eye and Social Inclusion Programming
- Communications – must be familiar with both print broadcasting and electronic
- Procurement – Purchasing and Supply
- Human Resources Management
1. Duration and working hours:
6months internship. Must be available 3 times a week (21hours)
To assist Country office in Programme delivery in the selected fields.
3. Eligibility criteria:
Under this Internship Programme, applicants will be considered based on the criteria below. All Interns must:
- Be citizens of Zambia
- Be between the ages of 19 and 35 years of age
- Be enrolled in a university, or equivalent tertiary institution, or be a university graduate with a relevant qualification;
- Have the right to reside and work in Zambia for the full duration of the Internship. CBM will not assist in applying for visas or altering the visa status of applications but will provide, where necessary, documentary evidence required for students or graduates under Zambian Immigration rules.
- Students enrolled on first degree programmes should have completed two years of their study and be in their 3rd year or above. Students pursuing post-graduate studies should be in the process of completing their degrees and wish to gain experience in the field in which they are enrolled.
- Priority will be given to persons with disabilities
- Interns will be offered a monthly amount, which is subject to periodic review.
- During the period of internship, interns will be allowed rest periods of one day a month (in addition to Saturdays, Sundays, Public holidays and Privilege days) which can be accrued but must be utilised before the end of the Internship period.
- Interns will be given an opportunity to have field experience of CBM programs. CBM will meet all logistics and cost implications when an intern is on a field trip
5. Internship conditions:
- Internships will be for a period of not less than one month but not more than 12 months. The working hours would be as advertised, although it is anticipated that Interns would be available for a minimum period of 21 hours per week or three days per week. Interns may work for more or less than this minimum period, subject to the agreement of the line manager.
- Interns will not be entitled to any health insurance scheme, but may be assisted with transport in cases of sickness or emergency, subject to approval by the Country Director or delegated officer
- Interns may begin their Internships only after they have agreed to the terms of reference and terms and conditions of the Internship Programme.
- An Intern can apply for a permanent position at CBM during their internship and following the end of their internship. Line managers would be able to recruit a replacement for the remainder of the unserved internship period.
- An Intern is not eligible to enter into a consultancy with CBM during the period of Internship, or for 6 months following the internship.
- Intern is not considered to be a member of staff of CBM and therefore any privileges agreed between CBM and its employees and with the Government of Zambia do not apply to Interns.
Applicants must send soft copy applications (CV and Cover Letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify field you are applying for in the subject of email
Those fulfilling the requirements stated in the advert, will be considered
An official letter from their University or College will be taken as added advantage. This letter must be on the institution’s official letterhead.
State clearly and precisely on the application the specific internship for which they are applying, the skills and experience they expect to gain or develop during the period of Internship and the contributions they will make to the work of the CBM
Application deadline is 9th June 2021.