- Company: BioCarbon Partners Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: CARBON AVIATION SPECIALIST ON EITHER PART TIME/CONTRACT OR FULL TIME BASIS-LUSAKA
BCP’s mission is making conservation
of wildlife habitat valuable to people.
BCP is a leading African conservation company which aims to generate sustainable conservation finance through the forest carbon markets. We are working with community and Government partners to help improve the conservation management over 1 million hectares of globally significant wildlife habitats in Zambia, and to benefit 235,000 people. Most of the project areas are located in Game Management Areas bordering strategic National Parks in Eastern and Lusaka Province, governed by management agreements between local communities, the Government of Zambia, and BCP.
BCP seeks a dynamic and talented individual – preferably a Zambian national, to be our Carbon Aviation Specialist. The role will be responsible for scheduling and executing tactical aircraft missions. The role will be responsible for operating a small aircraft safely and economically, ensuring smooth and efficient functioning, and taking care of time management. The role will be responsible for looking after the air wing maintenance schedule and will be responsible for keeping the aircraft secure and clean. The role will require the participant to perform site inspections from the air and possibly transport community representatives over potential REDD+ areas for ground truthing/mapping. The role will require the participant to accurately perform post flight processes, mapping and communication and will involve accurately recording and reporting on poaching, deforestation and encroachment in protected REDD+ areas
PRIORITIES THAT WE’LL TRUST YOU WITH.
- The primary role is to fly the aircraft safely from the departure airport to the destination within Zambia
- Look after the air wing maintenance schedule
- Keep the aircraft secure and clean
- Perform post flight processing, mapping and communication
- Ensure the safety of passengers and the aircraft through effective functions of an aviation specialist
- Check and inspect aircraft and its controls for its operational efficiency and safety before take-off
- Study and analyze route and flight plans before take-off
- Observe, study and check weather patterns regularly before flights
- Keep in touch and communicate with air traffic control while piloting the aircraft
- Facilitate administrative procedures for compliance, procurement and administration around the fleet
- Conduct pre-flight checks on navigation and operating systems
- Calculate the fuel intake and load and fuel the aircraft accordingly
- React appropriately to ensure safety of passengers, cargo and the aircraft during emergencies and adverse circumstances
- To inspect REDD+ sites from the air on flight missions to monitor and detect potential new deforestation, poaching or encroachment
- To accurately report on deforestation, poaching or encroachment in REDD+ areas.
- To fly community representatives over potential REDD+ areas for ground truthing/mapping
- To ensure that a “fly plan” is in place being careful to ensure time management
- Any duties as required to keep conservation and ground team functional.
ALLIANCE BUILDERS WANTED.
- Commercial Pilots License required
- Instrument Rating required
- Zambian Conversion required
- Minimum 200 Flight hours achieved
- Nil insurance claims recorded over the last 5 years
- Excellent time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions in stressful situations/emergencies
- To exhibit good situational awareness
- Professionalism when flying passengers
- Aircraft Control Knowledge
- Knowledge of use of Systems and Automation
- Adherence to airline Procedures
- Computer skills and full command of Microsoft applications required
- Management, administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates integrity, fairness and cultural sensitivity and adaptability
WHAT YOU’LL TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES
BCP is one of the leading REDD+ project development social enterprises in Africa. BCP’s mission is making conservation of wildlife habitat valuable to people. BCP runs two REDD+ projects in Zambia: The Lower Zambezi REDD+ Project and the Luangwa Community Forests Project. The Luangwa project is Africa’s largest REDD+ project by hectarage. The Lower Zambezi REDD+ Project is the world’s only 7 times VCS-verified and triple gold CCB verified REDD+ project. As the 5th highest scoring B Corp in the world, BCP benefits 235,000 people across 13 Chiefdoms. Our vision is community partnerships conserving Africa’s greatest wildlife strongholds. In operation for 9 years, we work in over 1 million hectares of globally important wildlife habitats in Zambia.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY.
A competitive salary will be offered, plus the potential for performance bonuses, plus travel opportunities for work, plus health benefits, plus a great work culture, plus career growth, plus working with a diverse and committed team. Candidates interested in joining an innovative and high- performance team, and working towards doing amazing things in aviation management and supporting livelihoods programs, please send a CV, a cover letter, and anything else that makes your application stand out by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Aviation Specialist in the subject line. Please ensure your cover email stands out. Please also send 3 reference contacts.
Applications accepted from 28th May 2021 until the position is filled. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If an applicant receives no response within a 30-day period, they should consider their application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com