- Company: HLB Zambia c/o HBCU Global Health Consortium (HBCU GHC)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The HBCU Global Health Consortium (HBCU GHC) consists of four historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) in the United States: Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science (CDU), Meharry Medical College (MMC), Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM), and Howard University (HU). The HBCU GHC project is funded by the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), HIV/AIDS Bureau, Division of Global HIV Programs, and is a multi-year initiative.
The HBCU GHC is established to develop and implement strategies to address the social determinants and health inequalities found within the context of the clinical transformation that will enhance and improve the provision of HIV/AIDS services in Lusaka, Zambia. The goal of the project- with its partners (HRSA and PEPFAR) – is to improve the quality of healthcare, clinic workflow, and teambuilding which will lead to improved health outcomes within the district hospitals in Lusaka, Zambia.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the HBCU Country Director with the day to day program work as requested.
- Prepare onboarding documentation for new staff
- Assist in preparation of monthly funds requests in close collaboration with the HBCU Country Director and ensuring timely submission of requisitions for payment processing,
- Taking of minutes during meetings in order to track activities of the program
- Review invoices for accuracy prior to submission for payment approval
- Review delivered goods to ensure that they meet quality expectations and order requirements
- Ensure that all procurement activities are carried out in accordance to United States government policies
- Manage travel arrangement for local and international visitors including itineraries, visas, coordinate hotel, travel, appointments and meeting arrangements
- Ensure that all assets are updated in the asset register, tagged and maintained at the central office Ensure adequate flow of information and effective communication on administrative activities relevant to the program
- Contribute to the development and implementation of procurement policies and procedures
- Develop inventory tracking tools for management of office consumables
- Oversee preparation of local purchase orders for vendors and coordinate approvals according to procurement policies
- Continuously build a network of high-quality and reliable local vendors/ suppliers to support program implementation
- Organize and give support to meetings and workshops, including scheduling
- Prepare and collect of support documentation such as procurement requests, contracts, travel authorization, travel advances, travel reconciliations, travel vouchers etc.
- Process and reconcile travel advances to staff
- Assist in the execution of daily financial transactions such as issuing and obtaining approval for check requests and petty cash vouchers.
- Management of petty cash, including timely disbursement and submission of requests
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation would be an added advantage
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Business Administration or related field or social science and a minimum of 5 years of administrative experience required
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration or related field or social science and a minimum of 3-5 years of administrative experience required
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or related field or social science and a minimum of 2 years administrative experience required
- Experience in managing budgets and collaborating with multiple projects.
- Work experience in an NGO or grant funded environment, especially PEPFAR funded, would be an added advantage
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team and follow directions.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Fluency in English; excellent written and oral communication skills, including facilitation and cross-cultural communication; attention to detail.
- Familiarity with US Government funded programs and NGOs in Africa.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel And MS Outlook a Must
- Knowledge of Operating Standard Office Equipment
- Excellent Communication Skills – Written and Verbal
- Ability to Prioritize Projects and Strong Problem-Solving Skills
- Good Research Skills and Attention to Detail
If interested in this career opportunity, kindly send ONLY your CV and a cover or application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday the 4th of June 23:59 hours, Zambian time. Kindly include your salary requirements in the cover or application letter. Please do not submit additional materials. Kindly put “HBCU Administrative Assistant Application” in the email subject line. Applicants who fail to follow these application instructions will be disqualified from further consideration.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates that have followed these specific instructions will be considered and contacted. Please note that if you have not heard from us by the 30th of July 2021, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. However, your CV may be kept in our database for any suitable positions that might arise in the future.