- Company: NIRAS International Consulting (Zambia)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Job Description is for the Project Assistant under the EU Support to the National Assembly of Zambia II (NAZ II) Project, to ensure that the Technical Assistance project office is functioning optimally through the implementation of the project by daily administration activities of the project office, e.g. support to logistics for experts, support to operational budget requests, archive of documents, organize filing system (hard copy, soft copies) combined and forward upon request, organization of meetings, workshops, visibility events and similar.
Reporting line: to the Project Team Leader, and the NIRAS in-country Project Manager.
- Ensure proper functioning of project office according to the PROJECT activities, such as supply the office consumables, agreements with relevant providers of services (e.g. courier service etc.), support in meetings related to the PROJECT activities.
- Assist Team Leader with preparation and submission of requests for operational costs or incidentals and deployment of short term experts, organize accommodation facilities and travels (air, renting car, etc.) for experts. Manage PROJECT calendar e.g.: arrivals of experts; departures of experts; meetings; workshops; internal meetings of project staff, etc.
- Taking meeting minutes when requested, which will be in demand.
- Assist Team Leader in project activities, including interpretation and translation if requested and ensure that all PROJECT documentation is archived and stored in order.
- Ensure high quality of project documents in terms of layout and completeness, including reports, and training materials, screening preliminary reports.
- Prepare and collect documents related to the project implementation: prepare requests for materials and service suppliers, collect offers from suppliers of materials and services, collect invoices from suppliers of materials and services, etc. The financial documents must meet criteria and standards established by the Project Manager/Team Leader.
- Prepare monthly financial reports (cash and bank), coordinate with the Team Leader, and send the drafts and final versions to the NIRAS Project Manager and/or Project Finance Manager at required frequency in format provided by the Project Manager. Originals of the reports accompanied by original invoices/other financial documents and original timesheets must be sent to the Home Office after receiving approval from Project Manager and/or Project Finance Manager.
- Responsible for handling the PROJECT bank accounts, monitoring disbursements and the account balance, retrieving monthly bank statements and requesting funds from NIRAS in coordination with the Project Team Leader and the Project Manager.
- Perform other administrative tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader, Project Manager and Project Finance Coordinator.
- At least bachelor’s degree
- Relevant proven work experience in Project Administration activities and office support
- Experience in support organisational development, and ability to produce notes and write memos clearly and concisely
- Experience in similar positions working at international development organizations or Technical Assistance Projects. Preference would be given to candidates who can provide evidence that they have successfully worked in a similar position on an EU funded technical assistance project.
- Computer literacy and professional skills using Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge and experience with information management and/or project programming.
- Car/Driving License(Manual) and willingness to use own car as an asset.
Other Personal Qualifications:
- Fluency in English is required, and fluency in one or more languages spoken in Zambia is considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Organizational capacity and proven experience in administrative information management, coordination of events and workshops.
The work will take place at the project office located within the National Assembly of Zambia Premises, or other project designated office in Lusaka, Zambia.
The closing date for applications is 4th June 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Applications must be supported by a CV, proof of academic qualifications and a letter of personal motivation to email@example.com.
Note that only Electronic Applications sent to the above e-mail address will be accepted
4th June 2021.