- Company: Copperbelt University
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Community engagement as a service to the nation. The University is looking for self-motivated Post Graduate Students to serve as ACCOUNTING INTERNS for the duration of One (1) month under the Africa Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Mining Project.
The Copperbelt University Africa Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Mining (CBU ACESM) is a Centre supported by the World Bank through the Government of the Republic of Zambia to provide leadership in post-graduate education and training for sustainable mining.
Perform variance analysis for the CBU-ACESM budgets for 2018 – 2020 and support clerical and accounting functions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Variance Analysis.
- Provide clerical and accounting support to the Project Accounting Team.
- Perform any other duty lawfully assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The Candidate must be a Copperbelt University Post Graduate Student pursuing MSc/MBA Finance, or MBA General with an accounting undergraduate background.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- Form 5 or Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent with five (5) ‘O’ Level credits or better including Mathematics and English Language.
- Relevant experience in accounts or financial management will be added advantage.
Reporting to the Management Accountant and will be working from 08:00 hours – 16:00 hours five days a week (Monday – Friday with exception of holidays).
Interested individuals meeting the above qualifications should apply by sending their applications accompanied by detailed current Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional qualifications together with three (3) names and address of referees, of which two must be academically acquainted with the applicant. The documents must be submitted as one PDF copy.
The applications should be addressed to the Centre Leader, Copperbelt University Africa Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Mining (CBU-ACESM) and sent by Friday 4th June 2021 to the following email address: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.