- Company: Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Administrative Head of Programmes – PROUD-Z Ref No. HD/AC/18/05/21
Reports to Chief of Party – PROUD-Z. The incumbent is responsible for providing administrative support and oversight to the substantial CDC funded cooperative agreement Provincial Ownership to Uplift delivery of HIV/TB Services in Zambia (PROUD Z) through Technical Assistance to the Ministry of Health and ensure smooth implementation and coordination of work efforts by project teams. To provide administrative support to the ACHIEVE award for the last quarter of implementation and close-out process of this award.
- Leads and coordinates budget and budget narrative development for PROUD-Z projects (either revisions or new submissions) in collaboration with the CFO, finance dept, CoP, CMO and program heads.
- Coordinates the development and review of PROUD-Z programme work plans
- Reviews, tracks and ensures responsiveness to all grant agreement awards and proactively engage with Grants Management officers at CDC.
- Works with Finance and Audit departments to disseminate core USG Financial guidelines to key Program staff through organized trainings on the USG Financial guidelines, Program’s Notice of Award (NOA) as well as the CIDRZ financial regulations and guidelines to ensure compliance.
- Assists program staff to use appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track progress on project implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources.
- Monitors the spending of the program budget categories by the spending units to ensure budget compliance.
- Supervises and directs the admin program assistants and coordinators in their duties
- In conjunction with Finance department, prepares the Annual Expenditure Analysis report for CDC
- Monitors projects burn rates closely with the project managers to ensure that spending in the projects is consistent with the budgets and timelines.
- Ensures programme budget is updated to reflect necessary changes and adjustments,
- Reviews and communicates program goals, objectives, and activities clearly and consistently to the program teams in line with the Country Operating Plans (COP) and direct their efforts towards Goal PROUD-Z.
- Leads and directs Quarterly Program Operations meetings with all PROUD-Z implementing teams.
- Prepares program supporting and reporting documents as required by Program funders periodically.
- Coordinates overall programmatic activities with all PROUD-Z Project Managers to ensure consistency in Program implementation and program reporting.
- Participates in monthly reporting meetings with CDC Zambia, as well as any other meetings with CDC, MOH or other stakeholders as requested.
- Develops collaborative relationships with other implementing partners/stakeholders and work with CDC to identify areas for increased coordination.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Project Management or other relevant field
- At least 7 years’ experience managing large health development and/or clinical research programs
Advanced EXCEL and budgeting skills
- Experience with international donor projects preferred
- Effective Leadership Skills and ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Project Management
- Presentations skills
- Report writing
- Financial management
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter quoting Reference Number above, relevant academic and professional certificates, and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to:
CIDRZ Human Resources Director P. O. Box 34681, LUSAKA or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject of your email should be: Administrative Head of Programmes – PROUD-Z Ref No. HD/AC/18/05/21
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.