- Company: Institute for Health Measurement Southern Africa (IHM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Institute for Health Measurement Southern Africa (IHM) is a regional development organization working primarily to strengthen health systems for public health programs in Southern Africa. We provide highquality health informatics technical assistance and analytical insights, program design and management expertise, and develop innovative solutions for public health programs. IHM operates on an ethos that is based on applying local competencies in leveraging simple but empowering technical solutions to Africa’s public health systems. For more information please visit: www.ihmafrica.org. IHM operates from 3 country offices in Lesotho, Swaziland and Zambia with its headquarters based in Lusaka, Zambia. IHM is seeking to employ the services of a fully qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill up the following vacancy:
Detailed Job Description
Job Title: Communications Specialist
Country Lusaka, Zambia Department Operations
Purpose of the job
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for the overall implementation of both the internal and external communication strategies aimed at boosting and maintaining the company’s brand Image. Furthermore, the Communications Specialist will also support the projects in developing communication plans and publicity materials.
Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer/Country Director
Job Holder / Person Specifications
Academic & Educational
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mass communications, journalism, development studies or related studies.
- Full grade 12 school certificate
- Member of a relevant professional body
Knowledge and Experience
- Good knowledge and skills in editing, writing, proof reading and design.
- Experience in managing communications strategy on donor funded projects.
- Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in the fields of public relations or communications.
Detailed Job Description
Skills and Competencies
- Good computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft and Adobe (Publisher, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Canva or any other Publishing tool).
- Excellent and effective communication skills – verbal and written.
- Presentation and Reporting skills.
- Networking, Research/ Information gathering skills.
- Stakeholder Management.
Key Result Areas (Major Duties and Responsibilities)
- Develop and implement communications strategies and processes for IHM Southern Africa with clear objectives.
- Assist projects develop and disseminate communications materials that increase their visibility.
- Develop and spearhead the projects’ Communications Plans and develop publicity materials.
- Support projects document and share success stories with public media and social media sites.
- Support projects develop short documentaries to be shared with media houses.
2. Content Management
- Contribute content to corporate publications such as the annual report, magazines, brochures, flyers, leaflets and videos, in accordance with IHM’s branding and communication strategy.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor quality of publications and external communications.
- Develop and distribute quarterly newsletters.
- Support projects in message development, content creation and media outreach and offer support in development of policy briefs.
- Manage and update the Knowledge Development Database and Information System.
3. Online Communication
- Manage IHM’s website and Social Media platforms and ensure they are up to date with regular news items, relevant publications and attractive stories about our work.
- Increase the company’s presence on various social media platforms.
- Support internal knowledge sharing through SharePoint.
4. Communication Support
- Training and coaching to IHM’s staff on effective external communication, photography and use of social media.
- Support sector leaders to mainstream communication activities into sector and project strategies.
5. Media/Donor relations
- Foster good working relationships and partnerships with media agencies, relevant correspondents and journalists.
- Support sector teams with external communications during IHM’s conferences, workshops and events.
- Exposure visits with donors and journalists.
The employment contract is for an initial period of One (1) year with renewal dependent on performance and availability of funding.
Interested applicants meeting the above-mentioned requirements should send their job application and CV as a single document by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application should also include the following:
A written essay with a minimum of 300 words on the following topic: “How would you use social media for corporate communications and improving IHMs brand image?”
The closing date for receiving all applications is 11th June 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Note that ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
IHM is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply