- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
- Develop, formulate and continuously review the targets for the mechanical department to achieve the business objectives and manage the performance results to achieve the targets and plans in the area of his appointment.
- Review the ordering of all mechanical spares procured with the objective of eliminating the risk of operational downtime in case of equipment/component failure
- Asses the mechanical asset inventory/equipment and systems and develop the maintenance systems to achieve the availability for meeting the business objectives
- Through the inventory assessment and maintenance plans develop and implement the operating and capital refurbishment budgets for the mechanical asset/equipment base of the section under your control
- Manage the mechanical asset/equipment base in his/her area to achieve their designed capacity and where required schedule and execute the periodical refurbishment to restore them to their required operating integrity within the operational needs
- Manage the mechanical department in effectively assisting the Area Mechanical Superintendent with the new installations and commissioning of equipment and systems in his/her area
- Oversee and Monitor the planning and execution of the mechanical discipline for the routine smelter maintenance shutdowns in his/her area
- Regularly review and document the mechanical engineering discipline Strategy for alignment to the business objectives
- Manage all mechanical resources to ensure strict adherence to sound management principles for the effective and efficient execution of maintenance activities to achieve maximum plant availability at the lowest practically achievable cost
- Continuously monitor and manage the mechanical department resources for strict adherence to the relevant engineering standards and specifications and execute appropriate actions for non-compliance
- Through effective leadership/mentorship cultivate, nurture and foster an enabling and continuous improvement climate/culture
- Manage the continuous improvement in the mechanical department through operational excellence.
- Manage the departmental costs to achieve the maximum business benefit
- Manage the human resources in a manner that will ensure that the business objectives are met with minimum labor turnover
- Ensure that good work ethics is sustained by effectively managing discipline with reference to absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc. within the department
- Assist the Area Mechanical Superintendent with the design and implementation of systems and controls that will ensure that the site is maintained: At the required performance level and within the prescribed legal and technical requirements that will achieve a safe and environmentally acceptable operation, and will meet the required production-rated capacity at minimum life cycle cost
- Meaningfully participate in the formulation of annual service level agreements with the smelter production department for the engineering department
- Identify and implement training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on developing the local Zambian based employees
- Quarterly review the career performance with identified talent and implement the actions and monitors agreed to with the subordinates and couch and council people on an ongoing basis to ensure improved performance levels
- G12 Certificate a must
- Minimum of a Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Must be a member of EIZ/ERB or an equivalent engineering regulatory body.
- Previous Appointment as an Engineer in a Smelter would be an advantage.
- Preference will be given for experience as an Engineer Oxygen Plant and Utilities Operations for at least 5 years in the mining industry.
Extensive experience with:
- Oxygen Plants, Utilities & Services operations
- Multistage Turbine and screw air compressors
- Turbo Expanders
- Low pressure turbine air blowers
- Water treatment plants
- HFO and Diesel Fuel Distribution Systems
- Asset Management knowledge and experience a must
- Project Management qualification will be an added advantage
Closing Date : 8th June, 2021.