- Company: TopFloor Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Our client, a multinational pharmaceutical and life sciences company is looking to hire a Field Operations Supervisor.
- Source, Recruit and maintain growers of commercial seed hybrids in line with company policies.
- Ensure effective relationship management with the grower with an end of producing high quality seeds sustainably.
- Provide agronomic support to the growers such that the best crop yields, of good quality are delivered timely for processing and placement on the market.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Carry out annual grower evaluation to ensure that compliant and high performing growers are retained on the grower register
- Ensure that Ha allocations are in line with the country crop plan and curry grower assignments according to the crop plan. You will need to source and recruit new growers in the event of high volume crop plans in which case, ensure compliance to P2P processes and SCCI regulations
- Registration of growers to SCCI by the 15th October of the subsequent season to avoid penalties
- Assignment of appropriate grower accounts in SAP and the full management of the SAP Grower Accounts processes
- Ensure full adoption of the SI 23 of 2018 of The Plant Variety and Seeds Act 236 in the management of growers and SCCI relationships.
- Supervise, land preparations, planting, crop development, de-tasseling, male removal, dry-downs, harvest and post-harvest activities to ensure quality and yields are achieved.
- Participate in dispute management with growers
- Contribute to Production performance review and improvement plan follow up- Area Analysis meetings
- Ensure the company’s Human rights fundamentals and ESH fundamentals are implemented at the growers.in case of non-compliance, ensure appropriate action is instituted.
Qualification and Competences
- Degree in Agriculture/ comparable Diploma education.
- Current SCCI Inspector License Registration.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a maize seed production management
- Competency seed production and seed processing operations, good conceptual and analytical thinking skills, problem-solving ability
- Strong leadership skills (cross functional, cross cultural).
- Ability to interface all levels of the organization and to influence without authority, outstanding change management skills.