- Company: We Effect
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
We Effect is recruiting a Programme Assistant, Lusaka
We Effect is a development organisation founded in 1958 by the cooperative movement in Sweden. We work in more than 20 countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa and collaborate mainly with member-based organisations consisting of women and men who live in poverty. We work in the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. Our values are respect, transparency, and together.
We Effect in Southern Africa is present in and implements country development programmes in Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe. For more information, see www.weeffect.org
We Effect Zambia is looking for a vibrant Programme Assistant (PA) to assist in the management and delivery of the Zambia Country Programme (Sida CIVSAM funded component and the Sustainable Cotton Project) including technical assistance to partner organisations in Zambia.
Main responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the overall management of sub-components of the Zambia Country Programme in accordance with We Effects strategies, internal and donor regulations as well as general good practices.
- Ensuring that We Effect’s support to partner organisations contributes to realisation of the goal and objective of the Zambia Country Programme and to the realisation of the We Effect’s strategies and policies.
- Following up on We Effect’s support to the partner organisations and ensuring that indicators set for monitoring adequately provide for assessment of progress.
- Promoting timely realisation of results through dialogue with partner organisations, formal feed-back on reporting and monitoring and field visits to partner organisations, as well as facilitating and participating in partner review meeting.
- Assisting in mainstreaming gender equality and sustainable environment in accordance with the Zambia Country Programme objectives and with We Effect policy in these areas.
- Assisting in facilitating information and documentation of partner interventions, including methods, concepts, best practises and exchanges using information and communication as strategic components in We Effect’s development cooperation.
- Assisting in developing and carrying out programme quarterly work plans.
- Assisting in analysing partner organisation narrative reports for discussion and formal approval and provide formal feed-back to partner organisations.
- Facilitating, coordinating and participating in visits, meetings, workshops, trainings etc.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual reports of the Zambia Country Programme based on monitoring of the partner organisations programmes.
The PA shall also perform any other duties that may be required or requested by the Project Coordinator for the smooth implementation of the Zambia Country Programme.
About the Candidate
The PA should be versatile and have basic knowledge and skills in gender equality, climate change and general development issues/rural livelihoods. You should be able to work in a team and exhibit ability to plan and report on projects. You should have some knowledge and skills in networking and linkages with partner organisations, staff and other stakeholders. You have excellent organisational, scheduling and planning skills and ability to meet deadlines. You should be positive, solution-focused, able to give clear and concise instructions and work with a diverse team to build consensus and support working together. You should be responsive and have excellent communication skills.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, development studies or any other related field
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in development work
- Good knowledge of Zambia’s development legal and policy framework
- Ability to use Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Good analytical interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving and coordinating abilities
- Familiarity with We Effect and donor rules and regulations.
Apply at the latest 13th June 2021 with your CV which should include three traceable references and a cover letter that describes how you meet the stated qualifications. Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com.
Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
The employment is up to December 2021 with the possibility of prolongation.
We Effect strives for diversity in the organisation and does not discriminate applicants on the basis of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability.