- Company: Children Matter Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Part-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Children Matter is a child focused Zambian not for profit organization that is focused on Changing a Child’s Life one at a time. We support families and communities in promoting their children’s development and lifelong success by providing and connecting them to developmental services and support. Our programs focus on four key outcomes: Children to be Healthy, Educated, receive Psychosocial support, and are Protected to reach their full potential.
Position Title: Project Officer
Working hours: Part time -21 hours per week with prospects of extension to full time
- Responsible for implementing project deliverables as directed by the Director
- Responsible for planning and reporting project activities – preparation of the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and other key documents to support the project.
- In collaboration with the Director identify funding opportunities, listing them, and sharing the information with the Director
- To assist with funding proposal writing processes. This involves writing project and budget plan proposals in coordination with the Director
- To assist in developing a fund generation and resource mobilization Workplan and constantly follow-up the implementation of the plan. This involves designing and writing materials for communications with different prospective donors and agencies.
- To facilitate and support the Director in mobilizing non-financial resources from private sectors entities, individuals, and corporate agencies
- With support from Program Director, facilitate community mobilization and capacity development for local communities as per needs analysis
- With support from the Director, implement the project’s communication strategy in the project locations to ensure full engagement of beneficiaries to the project including resource mobilization and regular feedbacks.
- Introduce and represent the project to local authorities, private sector companies, embassies, local communities, and local officials.
- Participates in the documentation, monitoring of activities and compiling of weekly updates and monthly/quarter reports.
- Writing of project narrative reports, case stories, capturing project photos, and review of financial reports.
- Maintain current data /information of the Project,
- Degree in Social Sciences, Development studies, Project Management, or any other related studies with a least a minimum of 2 years’ practical working experience.
- Experience in managing relationships to various stakeholders.
- Experience in proposal development
- Good public and networking skills.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Good Facilitation and Negotiation skills
- Computer literate especially in word, excel, power point and internet
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license (should be able to drive a manual vehicle)
- Fluency in English and Nyanja or Bemba