- Company: The Sani Foundation Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
The Sani Foundation is a Zambian NGO with a vision for a society where people with intellectual disabilities have the opportunity to achieve their full potential. The Foundation is a Disabled Persons Organizations that works to promote inclusion for persons with intellectual disabilities by designing and piloting scalable models of inclusion. The activities of Sani Foundation are governed by a Board of Directors with varied expertise including disability rights, education, project management, women’s rights, financial management and legal services.
We are currently looking for a Trainer/Job coach for our work based learning program.
WBL – WORK BASE LEARNING, ART TRAINER/JOB COACH
The Trainer will be responsible for the implementation of all activities and for the procurement of the necessary materials, being always aware that all products must be sellable. Duties include:
- Ensure that raw materials are available for production of crafts
- Record keeping. The trainer will be responsible for maintaining members’ personal records with each member having an up-to-date personal file.
- A quarterly forecast and evaluation book will be maintained, stating specific themes and topics to be taught in all areas, which are linked to practical activities, speakers and visits.
- The curriculum should include a variety of sporting and leisure activities, which will be organized by the teacher in liaison with the project manager and with the treasurer if there is a monetary cost involved. Where feasible this will be done in the afternoons.
- The trainer will work closely with the any Special Education Specialists
- Train the members in production of crafts while identifying the strength, limitations, and interests
- Ensure that quality of crafts meets customer expectations
- Receive orders from individual and corporate customers
- Ensure that orders are produced within a reasonable time to satisfy our clientele
- Organize the selling of goods at flea markets, fundraisers, and other sales points. Ensure that payment is collected for each order and a receipt issued to the customer.
- Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma or higher qualification in a related field
- 1 – 2 Years of experience in a related field
- Able to meet to deadline
- A keen eye for details and particularly good time management skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience working with people/children with Intellectual Disability
- Fluency in English a must and good marketing skills
- A valid drivers license ( but not a necessity)
The Sani foundation is an equal employer.
Closing Date : 8th June, 2021.