- Company: Airtel Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
DEPARTMENT : Airtel Mobile Commerce
VACANCY : Finance Manager
LEVEL : Senior Manager
LOCATION : Lusaka, HQ
Responsible for the management of financial processes and procedures and optimization of costs for Airtel Mobile Commerce so as to ensure achievement of the set business objectives
REPORTING TO THE FINANCE AND AIRTEL MONEY DIRECTOR (MATRIX REPORTING), THE MAIN DUTIES ARE:
- Manage the process of preparing the periodic financial planning documents and historic financial statements to guide the business in planning and assessing its performance
- Manage liquidity levels and interactions with the GSM business to ensure that the business pay for its obligations as they fall due
- Manage the business planning aspect by putting in place tools to ensure that the business achieves the desired or better outcomes
- Manage Internal and External Audit Exercises by preparing and executing audit requirements to ensure achievement of desired outcomes
- Manage compliance to regulatory M-commerce processes and procedures by ensuring that all processes are compliant to avert the risk of regulatory reprimands
- Manage relationships with clients by ensuring smooth flow of information to ensure that the business maintains an optimal network for its business needs
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & FUNCTIONAL / TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting or business related field.
- CPA /ACA / ACCA/CIMA (mandatory with second to third level acceptable)
- MBA qualification (optional)
- Excellent knowledge of all accounting functional areas (mandatory)
- 8-10 years of experience in Finance with 3 years of experience in accounting for telecommunications industry or banking/ financial & regulatory reporting
- Exposure to negotiations with regulators/banking institutions/statutory reporting (annual financial statements or regulators reporting)
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (BEHAVIOURAL):
- Ability to think outside the box
- Problem solving and analytical skills, result oriented.
- Able to work within and manage a team of professional, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Strong Leadership skills and strong ethics
- Networking ability – Internal & External
- Keen on controls & financial discipline
Suitable candidates are required to send their application & Curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Tuesday 8th June, 2020.
Airtel Mobile Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic grouping nor HIV/AIDS status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.