- Company: Zambia Sugar Plc
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Zambia Sugar Plc, is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group, and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
TECHNICAL SERVICES MANAGER (1 POSITION MIDDLE MANAGEMENT) – AGRICULTURE DEPARTMENT
The position of Technical Services Manager seconded to Nanga Farms Ltd a subsidiary of Zambia Sugar. This position will be reporting to the General Manager – Nanga Farms Ltd, the purpose of the job is to head the Engineering Department with responsibility for the specification, installation and maintenance of all vehicles, plant, equipment, irrigation infrastructure, field structures, offices and housing units.
Key performance areas
- Specific attention will be given to the implementation of new precision farming solutions and advanced irrigation and mechanization systems.
- Ensuring availability and effective utilization of a fleet of vehicles, tractors, agricultural equipment, bulk water supply and infield irrigation systems.
- Installation and effective maintenance of the drainage and road networks
- Construction and maintenance of office and housing units
- Ensuring availability of electrical infrastructure for irrigation and domestic installations
- Formulation of detailed annual Capital and Operating budgets and control of costs
- Provision of routine and ad hoc reports
- Management of Safety, Health and Environment, Risk and Quality system.
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- A relevant Agricultural Engineering Degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant post qualification experience in precision farrning, management and maintenance of agricultural machinery and irrigation equipment.
- Experience on an irrigated sugarcane estate would be an advantage.
- Registration with a professional engineering organization.
- Good technical and managerial ability.
- High level of computer literacy.
Candidates interested in applying for the above positions, kindly email your detailed CV & copies of qualifications to email@example.com with subject title “Technical Services Manager”.
No hard copy applications or phone calls will be accepted.
Closing date for receiving applications is 12:00hrs on Friday 11 June 2021.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.