- Company: ActionAid Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Mongu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
VACANCY ANNOUCEMENT AT ActionAid Zambia
AGRICULTURE LIVELIHOOD OFFICER (NATIONALS)
ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation; sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has been awarded a new project focusing on Agriculture and Livelihood; therefore, is seeking to recruit an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Agriculture and Livelihood Officer; Duration: 2 Years Contract Location: Mongu
Purpose of the Role
The Agriculture and Livelihood Officer will support the successful delivery of ActionAid Zambia’s work on Agriculture and Resilient Livelihood in line with the ActionAid Zambia Country Strategic Paper Objectives (CSP). The officer will support implementation of activities focused on agriculture and resilience livelihood at district and provincial level. Additionally, the job holder will support capacity building initiatives targeted at partners, communities and small-scale farmers.
- In collaboration with the SDC project coordinator support the implementation of training programs for SDC Partners, District Farmers Association (DFA) and Cooperatives on agriculture and resilience livelihood
- Participate in Agriculture and Resilience livelihood forums/meetings held at district and provincial level.
- Support the creation and strengthening of Agriculture platforms for farmers to share lessons and success stories
- Support the participation of SDC partners, District Farmers Association (DFA) in Agriculture and Resilience livelihood forums at district and provincial level
- Support effective planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the SDC project to achieve the defined project objectives in line with the approved Project Document
- Support fundraising efforts by contributing technical write-ups on Agriculture and Resilience livelihoods
- Support policy advocacy engagements on agriculture and resilience livelihoods with key stakeholders such as Members of Parliament, Ministry of Agriculture, and other relevant policy players
- Preparing timely and quality Agriculture and Resilience livelihood as per donor requirements and in line with AAZ’s M&E reporting cycle
- Perform any other assigned task in relation to work on agriculture and resilience livelihoods
- A Bachelor’s degree in the field of Agriculture Economics, Agriculture Science, or any other relevant field from a recognized University;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in agriculture, resilience, and emergency preparedness programme management.
- Demonstrable experience in leading and working within influential coalitions and networks.
- Demonstrable experience in advocacy and campaigns on agriculture resilience and emergency Preparedness
- Demonstrable experience in building capacity of partners and staff on agriculture and resilience livelihood
Other Required Competences
- Demonstrate understanding of the AAZ’s priorities and goals and effectively analyses complex problems.
- Overcome resistance to change by involving others, listening and building commitment.
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely; disseminates information about decisions and plans.
- Acts in accordance with stated values; follows through on promises; uses ethical considerations to guide decisions and actions.Able to work with minimum supervision and effectively guides programme in strategic processes such as strategic planning
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address; firstname.lastname@example.org; @actionaid.org
Alternatively, applications can be sent to The Human Resources Department, ActionAid Zambia, P.O Box 51407, Lusaka. Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 17:00 hours
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women below the age of 35 years are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed candidates. ActionAid’s Website: www.actionaid.org/zambia