- Company: Jumbo Wholesale Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Jumbo Wholesale is a low cost, no frills wholesale business providing General Merchandise, Cosmetics & Food products in bulk to a range of independent traders & commercial users in Southern Africa.
Jumbo – The Giant of Africa offers you a wider range, great deals, improved services and a better shopping experience.
We believe in cultivating relationships, team work, excellent customer service, simplicity, innovation and keeping our promises.
We seek to fill the role of Liquor Manager.
Job specifications/responsibilities will include the following:
- Effectively manage liquor sales and margin mix
- Manage the liquor store budget
- Manage cash flow and working capital in the liquor store
- Manage customer credit and debtors
- Manage and facilitate the in- store buying process including but not limited to developing and executing the stores pricing strategyNegotiate liquor prices with suppliers and attain the best prices
- Ensure profitable closure of deals or goods sold and increase sales as per targets
- Regularly conduct a competitive tracking analysis to ensure competitiveness
- Implement and maintain systems to ensure that Finance Administration is efficiently implemented in the store in line with applicable policies and procedures
- Monitor and ensure that all relevant data is correct and sent to relevant stakeholders timeously
- Effective support of Central Services Finance team on ad hoc basis
- Efficient and accurate record keeping of related documentation
- Effectively manage category of top customers through analysis i.e. growth vs trends, inflation and GMROM
- Develop and execute a clear category strategy, contribution and margins
- Ensure up to date liquor licenses and that related legislative requirements are met
- Plan and implement business goals in the liquor store effectively according to set timelines
- Plan, execute and monitor liquor store targets against set targets for the financial year
- Ensure adequate staffing according to company recruitment policy and procedure and ideal store structures
- Ensure that housekeeping standards are at the required standard as per company policy and procedures and or directive from Line Manager
- Ensure that merchandising and category management are of the required standard
- Effectively manage shrinkage and stock levels in the store according to company processes and procedures as well as due attention to the safety standards incl. weekly/monthly stock counts
- Execute and monitor store promotions
- Gain and apply knowledge of relevant Store System to ensure accurate information on the system is maintained
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Central Service staff , suppliers and customers to ensure sustainability in the business
- Build and maintain good consultative relationships with head office Finance team so as to facilitate effective upwards and downwards communication
- Regularly conduct a customer analysis to maintain and grow customer base this includes obtaining good knowledge of customer’s store, size, location, range, ‘catchment areas’ etc.
- Build lasting relationships with customers and understand their needs
- Effectively service Banner memberships
- Ensure that staff is performance managed, appraised and developed
- Monitor staff attendance to ensure optimum productivity
- Minimise shrinkage and breakages
- Ensure that team members know, understand and adhere to company rules and procedures.
- Ensure liquor team/ staff are trained and developed.
- Relevant tertiary education in related field.
- 3 – 5 years experience in a FMCG environment in a related managerial role.
- Must possess sound knowledge of site environments and workflow requirements
- Must possess intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
Role Specific Qualities
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must pay attention to detail and work well under pressure.
- Must have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders, suppliers and customers to ensure sustainability in the business
- Must have the ability to build and maintain good consultative relationships with various departments and teams so as to facilitate effective upwards and downwards communication.
- Must have the ability to promote harmony and teamwork
- Must have the ability to promote sharing of knowledge through informal and formal channels
- Must apply knowledge of the organizational systems, structures, policies and procedures to achieve strategic objectives
- Must have the ability to follow through on ensuring that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Must be able to respond openly to feedback.
- Plan and priorities, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands.
- Must promote integrity and honesty.
- Must be willing to go the extra mile.
- Application inclusive of all relevant documentation (Cover Letter, CV/Resume`, Qualifications and ID/NRC) should comprise one document, titled with the applicants name and position applied for eg Mwenda Namulo – Liquor General Assistant.
- Minimum of three (3) traceable references listed in CV or Resume` documents must be applicants direct supervisor or equivalent.
To apply for this job email your details to Zambia.Recruitment@masscash.co.za
Closing Date : 11th June, 2021.