- Company: ActionAid
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kasama
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
MONITORING EVALUATION AND LEARNING OFFICER (NATIONALS)
ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation; sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia is implementing a project aimed at promoting access to sexual reproductive health services. The project aims at contributing to the government effort’s in ensuring effective delivery of sexual and reproductive health in and out of school, adolescents and young people including those living with disabilities ,therefore, is seeking to recruit an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer; Duration: 2 Years Contract Location: Kasama – Northern HUB
Purpose of the Role
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer will be responsible for ATEC II project and other AAZ supported projects quality assurance, learning and impact evaluations. This entails providing technical leadership to ensure effective planning, implementation, keeping track of and reporting on all results in line with ATEC project M&E Framework. In addition, the job holder will provide technical MEL programme support to the AAZ projects implemented in the northern region to ensure project planning, implementation, tracking progress and reporting processes are supported from an ALPS and HRBA perspective. He/She will support reporting by implementing partners under ATEC 2 Project.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Lead on the consolidation of monitoring data on the ATEC II project and other AAZ supported projects and ensure effective reporting against log frame and performance indicators for timely follow-ups up with implementing partners on progress against targets
- Lead in undertaking Monitoring and Evaluation of activities implemented by AAZ and partners in the northern region in accordance with the set performance targets
- Support the MEL Specialist to undertake capacity building of partners in northern region on programme reporting based on in indicators and targets
- Lead the undertaking of periodic and continuous data collection processes in northern region for the compilation and production of ActionAid quarterly, Bi-Annual and Annual MEL reports
- Support the MEL specialist in undertaking of all baseline surveys and other summative and formative evaluations
- Support funding proposal and partnership development processes as required
- Support the documentation of success stories in accordance with laid down procedures
- Performing any other responsibilities as delegated
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in demography, economics, social work, project management or its equivalent from a recognized University. A post graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Have at least four (4) years post qualification experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning preferably in an International Non – Governmental Organisations
- Project management experience
- Experience in the applying rights-based approaches in programming
- Notable experience in designing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems, tools, and processes in an international development context
- Experience of providing leadership, support and guidance on monitoring and evaluation across development programmes/projects.
- Applied knowledge of project cycle management including problem analysis, project design, financial planning and management, and monitoring and evaluation
- Good skills in information/data analysis, including consolidation and analysis of highly diverse data, and report writing
- Good networking/relationship-building skills to work well with staff and partner organizations
- Good problem-solving skills, resourcefulness to understand and synthesize diverging points of view and resolve conflicts without escalation. Energetic, enthusiastic, and interested in learning within a political, changing, and diverse work environment.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) to work well in a regional and multi-cultural context.
Other Required Competences
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to manage relationships with partners or stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to contribute to a high performing team
- Flexible approach to work, willing to play a full role in ensuring the success of the team
- Can make clear, concise, and accurate presentations, and dialogue and consultation with partners and project team members.
- Has strong writing skills, for project reports and all project type documents.
- Strong skills in various IT packages including Microsoft, Excel, and SPSS; as well as virtual communication platforms for dialogue and conferencing such as Skype, Webinar mediums and others
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to cope with partnerships dynamics by employing an inclusive approach to deal with different of partners.
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address; careers.zambia@ActionAid.org;
Alternatively, applications can be sent to The Human Resources Department, ActionAid Zambia, P.O Box 51407, Lusaka. Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 17:00 hours
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women below the age of 35 years are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed candidates. ActionAid’s Website: www.ActionAid.org/zambia